August Edition Motorcyclist Magazine

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
It isn't a complete all inclusive list of things to do, but it's a damn good start. Rare that a US publication produce something worth a damn, butt this is excellent stuff.

Many of us allready know most of these and practice them regularly. Those that right now cannot rattle off ten things on the list? Go buy the magazine please...

Most of the techniques described in the article have personally saved me a lot of pain and $$$ at one point or another. Buy it, live it, love it.
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>You especially NEED to go brush up on this stuff if you don't think this message applies to you!!!!</span>

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152205111 -->

While you are in Barnes and Noble or wherever - pick up this new magazine called "RPM"

It has an article on the liter bikes and the magazine is very well executed...worth a read!

Dont bother with Sport Rider this month...yawn...

TWO is an EXCELLENT magazine always...fantastic journalism!

It isn't a complete all inclusive list of things to do, but it's a damn good start.  Rare that a US publication produce something worth a damn, butt this is excellent stuff.

Many of us allready know most of these and practice them regularly.  Those that right now cannot rattle off ten things on the list?  Go buy the magazine please...

Most of the techniques described in the article have personally saved me a lot of pain and $$$ at one point or another.  Buy it, live it, love it.  
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>You especially NEED to go brush up on this stuff if you don't think this message applies to you!!!!</span>
Motorcyclist ususally has some fairly decent articles about rider safety. One in particular is the one about alcohol and riding. It is a reprint from about 17 years ago that they re-ran last year. It is startling to see the escalating statistics against RUI. Heres a link.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/drunk/index.html

The first part is the most telling. Here is an excerpt.

Back in '81, the average age of a motorcyclist involved in an accident was 24. Now, it's 38. And the cruiser market, which was just getting started in the early '80s, has been exploding for years. What do older guys—many of them new to motorcycling—on cruisers tend to do? Generally, they don't tour, they don't carve canyons. Instead, they all too often ride to a bar, have a few with their buddies and ride home. Which might mean more guys are riding and drinking more

Yeah, I still don't understand the "ride to a Bar" thing. I mean hell, are all riders such raging alcoholics that they gotta hit every bar?

I don't get it, but I do encourage it. Hell more darwinism...

Yeah, I still don't understand the "ride to a Bar" thing.  I mean hell, are all riders such raging alcoholics that they gotta hit every bar?  

I don't get it, but I do encourage it.  Hell more darwinism...
Darwinism is fine until it starts ratcheting everyones insurance rates. I just wish the insurance companies would look closely at these stats and relax a little on the superbikes.

Gonna look into this one...

I also still need to finish reading that "Total Control" book. I think I misplaced the thing.

I got the issue the other day in the mailbox, but haven't had a chance to sit and read it. I am looking forward to this weekend to get around to it.

I'll be curious to see how many I do and what I need to do! Thanks for the tip

Can someone scan it and post up the article
rock.gif
(for those that are out of the country etc...)

Maybe Leo, It's the August 2006 issue though. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll just buy a few copies and send em' to folks.

Back