Auction to benefit rsd

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay,
So since da Rub went UA, I've been trying to think of something that I could give up for him in appreciation of all the things that he did for the board and for us as members...
I'm not a religous person, but as I understand the concept of Lent, you have to give up something that is significant -
So let me share a story with you. When I was in Japan, I was in a Navy unit - I was the only Marine. Well, if there is one Marine, then there is a Marine flag - period. Unfortunately, we could not procure one - so we had one made. The flag that draped behind my desk and was posted with the American, Japanese and Navy flags during ceremonies - but I did not give up - and after several rounds of correspondance with HQMC, I finally obtained permission to requisition two Marine flags for our unit. This happened about a week before my son was diagnosed with Diabetes and I had to leave Japan. In appreciation for the things I had done at the command, I recieved several gifts, including the Marine Flag. If you know a Marine, then you know what this flag represents - and the symbolism behind me letting it go for Andy. I am not selling this flag, but I am offering it for auction to benefit Andy - anything that this flag brings goes to the "help Andy" fund.

Let's get this rolling and help our brother out!
Semper Fidelis,
Shawn

DSC04903.JPG

Lets say that the auction starts now and ends at 6pm, on Sunday the 27th. Someone throw a bid up here will ya? It's fer a good cause!

Flag means alot to you, Shawn... and I respect you giving it up for Andy. That's extremely honorable - not that I'm surprised.

$100.00

Flag means alot to you, Shawn... and I respect you giving it up for Andy. That's extremely honorable - not that I'm surprised.

$100.00
Thanks Big G! Andy has done alot to motivate all of us. How many times had he been there to help drum up support for someone who needed it? For all the things that he has done for us, this is the very least that I could do!

Damn! I gotta rest this one out for a while before I let that whole "auction fever" thing get the best of me.
wink.gif

I have a father in law that was a medic in vietnam, apparently the Navy provides the medics and they are assigned to the Marines, he had to go through both basic trainings... And my brother in law is currently a Marine recruiter. sooooooo christmas present if I win.....

Back