Attn: Nor cal riders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Right !!! It's just that OZZ Keeps Breakin my Heart :heart-break:

Oh Well there will be Other Times :thumbsup:

Im sorry Boss I got bad news and have to take care of some crap this weekend, i hate to even say this cause its gonna break my heart but it looks like i will have to part with my track bike and hang up track for a long while. I have some finacial problems since i have been layed off and can no longer afford both my bikes, DAMN! I think im gonna cry:unhappy:

I will go next sunday though I make that promise if ya will still have me:please:

Last edited:
Hello everyone. New to the forum and just want to say hello. Picking up my Busa tomorrow and just wanted to ask, what do I look and listen for when buying one of these bad boys?

Hello everyone. New to the forum and just want to say hello. Picking up my Busa tomorrow and just wanted to ask, what do I look and listen for when buying one of these bad boys?
Not that different from any other used vehicle. Private party purchase? (if it is priv prty, look at the bike's surroundings. Is the garage a mess? Or neatly organized and labeled? These are indicators only.) Look how clean it presents. How's it been stored? When was the last time it was ridden? What is the Previous Owner's (PO) profile? Young & Dumb? Or Old & Wise?. Look at the chain. Bright & shiny? Or caked with road fling? Does it look like it's been down? Hard? Or dropped? What condition is the battery? Listen to a cold start. Lots of clacking and banging? Or purring like a ... falcon? Hard to start? Or catches right away? The sprockets. The feel of the clutch. Firmness of the brake lever. The responsiveness of the throttle. Push the bars from one wheel lock to the other: are the reservoirs scraping up against the inner panels at the meter panel when it goes to wheel lock? Ask the PO what PSI they ran in the tires (and why).

That's just the obvious stuff. At 35k, someone should have done at least one valve clearance check with that amount of miles. Ask the seller about that. Do they have maint records for your review? A messy pile of receipts? Or a 3-ring binder with plastic protectors for all the pages (in chrono order) of performed (shop or DIY) service notes?

You should know what a stock Gen 1 Busa looks like so you can tell if there have been (the obvious) modifications? Twin exhausts? Or just the one? Who did the mods? The PO? Ask them about the (obvious) mods. If they start going on and on about this mod and that mod, just take notes and nod your head like you know exactly what the seller's talking about. Then get back on the forum and search for some of the mod brands or descriptions the seller mentioned. You'll be on your way.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the purchase.

I'll be in the Tracy area mid July

Back