Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
Found this in My Garage.................:shocked:

Any Ideas what I am Looking at ?

SPIDER 008.JPG

SPIDER 009.JPG

SPIDER 011.JPG

Looks like a wolf spider, common here. When you were wrestling him to the ground, you didn't HAVE to pull his leg off..........

Looks like a wolf spider, common here. When you were wrestling him to the ground, you didn't HAVE to pull his leg off..........

+1

They can leave a nasty bite....otherwise they try and stay out of your way. I'm not a fan at all of spiders so he wouldn't have made it a minute longer in my house either :laugh:

I usually pick them up and take them outside. There are common traits for all spiders.....

They all have venom
All are carniverous

MOST (99.9 %) are of no threat to humans.

I usually pick them up and take them outside. There are common traits for all spiders.....

They all have venom
All are carniverous

MOST (99.9 %) are of no threat to humans.

You have acouple screws loose :rofl:... You did the right thing Kill'em Kill'em all

Looks like a wolf spider. Another reason to not walk across the lawn barefoot at night. Bite hurts, but otherwise harmless.

Not so sure about the Wolf Spider.

Habitat: Common household pest in the fall when they are looking for a warm place to overwinter. They are commonly found around doors, windows, house plants, basements, garages, and in almost all terrestrial habitats. They do not spin a web but roam at night to hunt for food. Wolf spiders are often confused with the brown recluse, but they lack the unmistakable violin-shaped marking behind the head. The wolf spider is shy and seeks to run away when disturbed.
Description: Wolf spiders range from about 1/2 inch to 2 inches in length, hairy, and are typically brown to gray in color with various markings or lines. Wolf spider mothers carry their large egg sacs around with them. When the young spiderlings hatch they climb onto their mother's back and ride around until partially grown. Wolf spiders are not poisonous, though as with all spiders, bites may cause reactions in certain individuals.

wolf.jpg

Quote form the 5 deadly spiders page about the black widow:laugh:
"Though most bites do not lead to serious long term side effects they have been known to lead to death."

You have a wolf spider. Although they are scary...not quite as scary as a full grown garden spider. Especially when you are walking throught the woods at dark and walk through one of their webs....I hate that because you know what is in the web.

spider.jpg

I stepped on one in my house and had to grab the spray, looked like hundred of little babies came out of it and covered a good 5 foot section of floor~!~

Back