Attention Brock Davidson

OB_fastzx9

Registered
Hey Brock.... I have been pondering making my ZX-9 a part-time bracket bike and I hear you are the man to talk to about using bars while maintaining the suspension. This appeals to me for various reasons, can you help? Thanks.

The bars/suspension question is one that has yet to be answered.(I haven't seen it work well yet)
I belive that with the correct rear shock set-up, it should work well. My Bandit 60 ft's in the 1.35 range with no bars and a D.O.T rear tire! It is hard for me to believe that it would not improve with bars.

The correct shock for bars would have far more rebound dampening(to prevent pogoing)than a standard shock. Perhaps Race Tech could re-valve a Fox Shock to meet this requirement? If I were going to attempt bars/suspension, this is where I would start.
Hope this helps,
Brock

ps, The 750 has quit kicking me in the ribs!

Enough to CRUSH the Superbike MPH record held by the Rickey Gadson/Muzzy team!
(166+ mph now)

It also ran an 8.35 et (8.28 record) with a miserable 1.53 60ft, I have run as quick as a
1.30 60ft(do the math)

A couple more passes to get the clutch dialed in......its trouble for big green.

This is with a machine that is 30lbs over weight and still street legal. I put @ 800 miles on it this year with a street tire, no bars on the street of course.( I don't like those damn things anyway!)

Brock,

what would you recommend for bar lengths?? and how much of a spread between the top and bottom mounts?? on a stock wheel base...

also I wanted to say that its VERY cool to see you giving out info and helping people like you are, not too many people in your position would do that!! so THANKS and good luck!

Yes, thanks for the time and the response. RaceTech is in my backyard... I wonder how eager they would be to doing a project like this. Like anything, money talks I guess.

It's nice to hear that you're going to have something to say is S/B this year!!! Team Green needs a little competition for a change... whoa.... can't believe I said that.

Mr.zx9
I must admit that I am NO expert with bars!

I can tell you that I set my 750 up to run a shock: top bar @5 inches up from center of arm. Bottom @5 " down and 10" past rear axle( towards swing arm pivot), length= 62" from rear axle at longest wheelbase setting (68")
we have a 130" length limit from front axle to bar axle.

60" seems to be a standard bar length, longer bars hit "softer" this would probably be a good starting point.

Brock

ps my advise, loose the bar idea and spray the hell out of it! oh yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaa!!

Back