Attempts for Busa feeling.Good try but not enough!!!!

The guy that pioneered the ski/flying just got killed last week or so doing it... left a wife and 4 year old.... bad sport to pioneer with kids at home I guess.. sure looks fun..

Shane McConkey

Last edited:
I can't do heights very well. Doesn't look like what I would call a good time at all.:eek:

I'll stick to fast forward motion.:whistle:

Ping*skydvr*
That looks like fun i wonder if our resident Busa sky diver base jumps or use that suit, I think we are few more designs from the point where they won't need to land they can just hang under clouds an go up an down with the updrafts..:bowdown::bowdown:

Ping*skydvr*
That looks like fun i wonder if our resident Busa sky diver base jumps or use that suit, I think we are few more designs from the point where they won't need to land they can just hang under clouds an go up an down with the updrafts..:bowdown::bowdown:

While it's not my thing (I like formation skydiving called relative work or "RW" from altitude with a bunch of other people, called "Big Way"), I have made a couple of wingsuit jumps (didn't care for it) and a Base Jump (off the New River Gorge Bridge in WV about 8 years ago; scared the pee out of me and haven't done it since), but I have never made a base wingsuit jump. Why would I want to walk up that mountain, for a 10 second delay, when I can ride to 14,500 in an airplane and have a 75 second free fall? Not that I wouldn't do it if someone offered for me to get there for free (donations are appreciated!)

Anybody ever wanna come make one, I'll go along and we can have some REAL Busa pics! I mean, look at my profile pic; that's 14,000 feet over the coast of FL on Jan 1, 2000....when you leave that deck, there is nothing but ocean underneath....

The only solace I can imagine in doing something like that, if you've got the 'nads, is that if nearly anything went wrong, it'd all be over; very quickly and very ugly...lending the final perspective on their goal: 'terminal' velocity.

Interesting also, that the music they chose is a remix of the Dies Irae (pronounced: Dee Ess E-Ray // translated: Day of Wrath) movement of Mozart's Requiem Mass (Mass for the Dead). I hadn't heard it before, but it was pretty obvious right away...take a listen...if you're interested. Pretty awesome, IMO.

:beerchug: Good find!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to say I would do it, but I have to admit I would be Scared S**Tless, but only because I dont wanna leave my wife and 2 children behind in the case of a mishap or something. J/K I dont have the balls to do that.

I would like to say I would do it, but I have to admit I would be Scared S**Tless, but only because I dont wanna leave my wife and 2 children behind in the case of a mishap or something. J/K I dont have the balls to do that.

Man - that looks like fun!!!

Back