Attempted theft part 2 this time the bike is gone!

madlyhs

Registered
Guys my bike is gone!!!! after eleven days of the first attempt the bike got stolen . I am so sad and angry at the same time . It took the ploice almost 12 hours to issue an ABB about my bike and that sucks . The insurance does not cover theft and that because they do not offer theft insurance on those bikes in Kuwait. So i will not even get a penny back from the $12000 that I paid for my bike. The ironiy is only today I get the alarm system which i was suppose to fit the bike with what a good time up . I only had the bike for 8 months and I only colcked 2000 KM only on it ! . I do not think they will ever get the bike back Kuwait police are not really interested in doing that . I am now trying to see if I can sue the owner of the residential complex as he left the electrical shutters to the underground parking open . I hope I will successed .

Guys I do not think I will wait for long as I am already thinking of buying another one but before I do that I really would like to use all possible means to secure the new bike could you please help me out and provide me with your ideas/suggestions . I was thinking can I install a device on the bike and by using GPS I can trace my bike if the same think happen again ? I beleive in the US this is possible by G star correct me if i am wrong !
Please help me out.

Thanks

Very sad to hear about your bike. Yes you can get a tracking system. What would the punishment be if the thief was caught there?

poop man that sucks.
sneaky2.gif
, but what kind of insurance dos,nt cover theft?

Well if they do catch them maybe they will spend a year or two in prison no more that .

Regarding insurance the Japanese bikes in general are only insured for third party or comprehensive and in both cases does not cover fire & theft . Both insurance however, will cover payment to the second party and not me in case of an accident . I lived in England for 5 years and I know when you take insurance  I believe you call it   third party fire and theft, the  insurance will compensate you it's a shame I'm not still there ! However, In Kuwait third party means that my insurance will be for the second party  damages and not for mine and of course if the bike is stolen it is not covered at all I will get good time ALL . But what piss me more is the Insurance company will insure a Harley Davidson for theft  which I really do not understand why they can not offer the same for the Japanese bikes .

One guy told me because Japanese bikes are hot items and they always get stolen  unlike the Harley's as they are not so fast and not so popular in Kuwait. No matter what is the real reason for not insuring the Japanese bike the insurance laws in Kuwait SUCKS BIG TIME.

I do not think I will ever see my bike again at least  in one piece thats for sure .

You stated that it  is possible to track a bike could you please provide me on how to be able to track my bike if and when I do decide to get another Busa .

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your BUSA make sure that the insurance agent that wrote your "no theft policy " didn't steal it.In the northeast we call the sat tracking sytem LoJac but Local Law Enforcement must be equipted to track it. To get some of your own equiptment I think the web site is thespystore.com or spystore.com they're in NYC. Goodluck don' get another bike until you can secure it.
angry.gif

sad.gif
i am so sorry about your bike. hopefully the info provided here will help you should you decide to get another!

good luck!

Dang man i feel ya.. I'd think about getting a Kyrptonite New York Chain and anchoring it to something. then i would see if i could insure it through an american company.. Not to mention and alarm and renters insurance which may cover it if you have it...

Hope you get it back..... Or at least get reinbursed for it

DEz

:whip: :whip: :whip: the thief

Dang man i feel ya.. I'd think about getting a Kyrptonite New York Chain and anchoring it to something. then i would see if i could insure it through an american company.. Not to mention and alarm and renters insurance which may cover it if you have it...

Hope you get it back..... Or at least get reinbursed for it

DEz

:whip: :whip: :whip: the thief

The bike was chained  and anchord yet they managed to cut it . Yesterday, I went to see a lawyer about the possiblity of suing the owner for not rectifying and operating the electrical shutters to the underground parking facility (that would surely prevented my bike from being stolen). The lawyer said I do'nt have a case as the Electrical shutters were not indicated on the lease contract. So no bike no money  from both the insurance company or the owner I'm fucked! :hammerhead:

Kuwait is a small place I am going to carry a chain lock with me all the time so if I do see my bike parked  one day I will chain it and get the  ploice to the location (I really hope so).

I guess I will wait for three to six months if nothing turns up I will have to go and buy another one and hopefully will be the same color Red/Gray.

Thanks guys for all the support and useful hints/ideas take care of your bikes and cage them well
aktion035.gif

If it were stolen from a building while garaged , you might be able to get the homeowners insurance to cover it. (if they have that there) :hammerhead:

That sucks I am sorry I dont know if they have lojack and that kind of stuff in Kuwait but maybe you should consider it or even finding an insuraunce company in the US that will give you theft insuraunce watch ebay for parts you will probably have a better chance of finding it than the police check around town I know with my small town if someone does something if you know the right people you can find out eventually

Back