Attaching Grab rail to bike

bdmcrider

Registered
New to the Busa world, picked up an '05 with 467 miles (loving it by the way) and have a question about attaching the grab rail, bike had hump on it when purchased. I've done a couple of searchs to see if the info was out there, got close but no cigar. Here's the question, there are 2 washers/spacers in the grab rail (held there via rubber washers) at the 'ends' of the grab rail, and nothing in the 2 smaller holes. When I put the grab rail in place, the 2 spacers slide into the holes, but it seems like there needs to be a spacer in the other 2 holes?? Also the mounting bolts are not in the mounting holes, I'm guessing I'll be paying $3-4 dollars per at the suzuki house, unless someone happens to know the thread size and length.

Thanks for any and all help.

Welcome to the oRg. There should be two spacers(sleeves) that go into the two forward most holes. The hole will be bigger than the one closest to the rear of the grab bar if that makes sense.

You will also want to put two notches into the sides of your hump so that you can install it without removing the grab rail. It's a common modification. Perhaps someone else can point you to some pictures.

My hump was cut for grab rails but didnt have them on when I got it.Looks pretty easy to do, just be carefull

The grab bar is held on by four 12mm screws about 1 1/2" long, The larger holes have rubber cushions and spacers that go in them and smaller holes only have only screws, no washers or spacers. All 4 bolts are the same.

Oh and :welcome: to the wonderful world of Hayabusa!

This isn't the grab bar but the bar mounts just like this. Only picture I have on my work computer of that section of the bike.

$(KGrHqMOKnIE4N0ijLCgBOPL3w6+T!~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKnIE4N0ijLCgBOPL3w6+T!~~0_12.jpg

Thanks for all the welcomes! I look forward to learning much from y'all. I've ridden BMW K1200/1300's for the last 9yrs (140k miles), loved the bike but got tired of all the money for EVERYTHING associated with them. Gotta say I'm really liking the Busa so far! And KvHotDog4 thanks a bunch......you know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.:thumbsup:

bdmcrider said:
New to the Busa world, picked up an '05 with 467 miles (loving it by the way) and have a question about attaching the grab rail, bike had hump on it when purchased. I've done a couple of searchs to see if the info was out there, got close but no cigar. Here's the question, there are 2 washers/spacers in the grab rail (held there via rubber washers) at the 'ends' of the grab rail, and nothing in the 2 smaller holes. When I put the grab rail in place, the 2 spacers slide into the holes, but it seems like there needs to be a spacer in the other 2 holes?? Also the mounting bolts are not in the mounting holes, I'm guessing I'll be paying $3-4 dollars per at the suzuki house, unless someone happens to know the thread size and length.

Thanks for any and all help.

Woow!!! 7 year old bike with less than 500 miles. That's crazy!!!!

Back