Atlanta members. Need a lil info

busa1300nut

Registered
The wife and I are going to the Ama supercross race on Feb 26, and I would like to stay in a motel after the race, and head home sun. Well, I don,t know anything about the Atlanta area, and I think it would be best not to stay right downtown, so can some of you tell me where a good area, toward Knoxville, would be. I don,t even mind driving a few miles, just don,t won,t to drive all the way home
Thanks

Oh wow.. I use to live in ATL, but it's been a while... Well let me bump this and maybe someone will chime in for you.

i could help if you were heading south from atlanta. i know i75 like the back of my hand from exit 218 down to 142. i live 2hours south. straight down 75.

Actually, right downtown would be the best place to stay, depends on your money situation. The CNN Center/Omni Hotel would be the absolute best place because you can park securely and walk to the Georgia Dome, which is your venue. Its about $180 a night, which is a little steep, but very convenient. The area around CNN and the Dome and Phillips arena, etc., has a very strong police presence, especially for these big events.

There is also a Marriott and a Hampton Inn within walking distance. Also the Westin but it would probably be more money than the other 2. I would stay downtown. There is a Ruth Cris steak house next to Centenial Park, and the world of Coke along with the Aquarium. Have fun. :)

I live in midtown...about 2 miles from the dome and there are a bunch of nice places to stay around here. I agree with the Omni/CNN building. The Georgia Tech hotel/conference center is also nice and there are a few hotels around it that are nice as well.

Actually, right downtown would be the best place to stay, depends on your money situation. The CNN Center/Omni Hotel would be the absolute best place because you can park securely and walk to the Georgia Dome, which is your venue. Its about $180 a night, which is a little steep, but very convenient. The area around CNN and the Dome and Phillips arena, etc., has a very strong police presence, especially for these big events.

+1
safe and well taken care of at the Omni!

I was in ATL last year passing though. I got told to keep my white ass out of the hood.

A homeless man came up to me asking for money and I told him no. Thats what started it btw.

Back