ati procharger or another supercharger?

cjaj_70

Registered
Im looking into supercharging a carburated small block chevy, just wanted some imput from some of you that may be a little more familiar with superchargers.

<!--EDIT|cjaj_70
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135946006 -->

ATI. Self contained, intercooled. You cant beat it. The self contained is the best part!

i agree with the procharger as long as it is the self contained, you really get the bang for the buck and can add to them, such as intercoolers and things of that nature. just decide on how much you want before you buy one due to they all have different boost capabilitys. good luck with it

ATI (procharger) or Vortec. Procharger makes a carb kit.There are fuel injected stangs running them in the sixes in the quarter.

i agree with the procharger as long as it is the self contained, you really get the bang for the buck and can add to them, such as intercoolers and things of that nature. just decide on how much you want before you buy one due to they all have different boost capabilitys. good luck with it
Yep!!

I think most of the Procharger kits come with a 2 core Air-Air intercooler in their kits. You can upgrade to a 3 Core for a little bit more. I ran a P-1SC w/ 2 Core on my old 2001 GT w/ stock gears, 42lb inj, 90mm mass air, and exhaust. On Drag Radials the car went 12.4 at 115 w/ a 1.8 60'. A set of sticky tires would have put me in the low 12's with 8lbs of boost. This was from the 13.5 the car ran before the S/C with only DR's and a prochamber.

PLEASE READ THIS... along with any forced induction vehicle, you tune is the most important part of the combo. Before you get the car out on the road for play time, make sure you have a professional ( that you trust ) tune your car. If you skip this step you WILL regret it. Just ask me... 2001 GT w/ 14K miles on the car.. blew the motor and she SAT for a year until i could get another motor. Really sucks when you are paying 400 bucks a month plus insurance.
mad.gif

I learned my lesson!

G/L and let us know what you go with... and show pics of course.

procharger with the intercooler, my brother runs a 91 mustang coupe with an AOD trans, good heads and a stock 302 short block(except for the cam) he's run as quick as 6.73 at 105 in the 1/8 mile(about a 10.5 1/4)

Procharger all the way,all the blowers have thier little problems,Procharger had some seal problems in past years but they seem to have been worked out now.Havent seen any problems for some time now,we have guys running smallblock powerplants with the D1 head units as well as the F1,both are great depending on your application.If you have a good forged bottem end,good heads,and the right cam you can make monster power.I wil say that vortech has some nice carb hats and coolers that can work well with that procharger head unit.Like some of the others said just make sure that you have the fuel system to support the power you wish to make.And a blower specific carb will also be a huge help.

If you get a Vortex or Procharger you'll need to build a pressure box for the carbs. You'll have less headaches in the long run with a roots style blower replacing the intake. Run a cold air intake into the carbs, then the carbs feed the blower. You'll have smoothe, instant power when ever you want it. I'll look at Magnuson. The only real down side to the Roots style is that they require more room above the engine.

Happy charging!
beerchug.gif

And this....Not a carb but a small block chevy none the less.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136038553 -->

corvette_uhbig.jpg

Thanks for all the input, was going to go with a all forged bottom end, but been talking to the guy that does my machine work and he said put it together with a aftermarket cast crank in it since i dont turn high rpm. Plan on buying a head unit and building my own plumbing with an intercooler.

Back