ATC heavy duty spring info....

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
There's been a lot of guys asking about the HD spring front All Things Chrome. Ive got my stock shock off the bike and dropping it off to get the springs swapped this weekend. I'll post up my opinions of it once I've put some miles on it.
Pic of it next to the stock shock, its gonna be fun for someone to put that on. :laugh: I bought the bike new and the shock hasn't been adjusted...

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1302234258167.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1302234373452.jpg

Nice, I am running on a strut, bought the bike with it on there. I am starting to hate it, I have the stock shock and want to put it back on and still keep my low stance, I do have lowering links also in the package, just have no idea how to even begin this project. Any ideas???

busa.jpg

Get her in the garage and start pulling parts off. :lol:
If ya want the HD spring, order one up and bring it and your dealer with the stock shock assembly, have em swap it out then get in the garage.
I found the biggest pain with this is supporting the bike, can't use a stand in the rear. I've got a steel rod through the swingarm bolt and the resting on some jack stands. I also have some ratchet straps to be safe.
After that, just a matter of gettin under it and takin apart what holds it together, installing the new shock and reversing the process.

Sorry to sound clueless, but i am:whistle: Any idea on how the strut works. In other words does that automatically drop the rear to the low stance I have now or do you think there is already lowering links on the bike? I def wanna keep it low, it would just be nice to not catch air on the smallest bumps!!!:lol: I don't really need the HD right now because after what I've been used to anything will make me happy for awhile! I just wanna install the shock I have.

Sorry to sound clueless, but i am:whistle: Any idea on how the strut works. In other words does that automatically drop the rear to the low stance I have now or do you think there is already lowering links on the bike? I def wanna keep it low, it would just be nice to not catch air on the smallest bumps!!!:lol: I don't really need the HD right now because after what I've been used to anything will make me happy for awhile! I just wanna install the shock I have.

it takes place of the shock with a solid piece, unbolt it throw it in the trash unless you ever plan on running a wheelie bar and put a built shock on it.

if your bike isnt stretched the stock shock/spring will do fine.

Let us know the results fastfrog. I am wondering what the ride will be like. Thanks and sorry for the thread jack. I realized what I was doing after the fact:banghead:

Let us know the results fastfrog. I am wondering what the ride will be like. Thanks and sorry for the thread jack. I realized what I was doing after the fact:banghead:

No worries bro, like Ridgeway said, put the stock shock in and work from there.
I cant see locations on my phone, aren't you in Syracuse?

Yes I am. I think you're the closest one to me on the org

I think there are a couple guys up there, but they aren't on all the time, or the lurking. Anyway, if ya wanna throw that shock it a backpack and ride down in a couple weeks we can put it on. Any Saturday after the bash will work for me.

Back