at what point will we quit importing so much from China?

Ha, good luck with that, we will never quit importing from China. We get it so cheap, what would one expect!

Never. /endthread. lol. When will we start paying more for the same things?
Posted via Mobile Device

As soon as someone has the strength to bust the unions. A lot of union people make more than they should for the work they do, PLUS benefits.

OK, FLAME ON........................

Never. /endthread. lol. When will we start paying more for the same things?
Posted via Mobile Device
Well I don't do it for everything I buy, but I do often look to see where things are made, especially for larger purchases. Just bought 4 tires for my wife's car and they are made in the USA. If the performance is as good or better and the cost reasonably close, I try to buy American. It would help if more of us did too.

As soon as someone has the strength to bust the unions. A lot of union people make more than they should for the work they do, PLUS benefits.

OK, FLAME ON........................

You don't have any idea what your talking about. Generalising the union workforce is pretty insulting. You could work union or are you above it with your high standards. Ill take my union job anyday and my company still is very profitable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I don't do it for everything I buy, but I do often look to see where things are made, especially for larger purchases. Just bought 4 tires for my wife's car and they are made in the USA. If the performance is as good or better and the cost reasonably close, I try to buy American. It would help if more of us did too.

I do that as well too but a lot of people just aren't aware. The economy isn't helping much either. Some people make it by buying the cheaper alternative. Sometimes its american sometimes its not.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1

more info
Economy gathers more steam

We'll stop just as soon as China says NO to buying our Debt and Loaning us $$$$$$$ ! Then, we'll sink under their US for Sale signs they'll be putting up :whistle:

Importing will diminish when Fossil Fuels makes it cost prohibitive, really not that far off, most likely will diminish(not quit) in less than a hundred years. It will be too costly to import cheap junk, only more expensive junk.

About 12 - 18 years from now, when the Dollar difference is not so big and manufacturing for the US starts returning to the US. China has around 1 bill people with a GDP per capita of below $3,500 per year compared to the US approaching $50,000 per capita. That is what makes the difference.

You don't have any idea what your talking about. Generalising the union workforce is pretty insulting. You could work union or are you above it with your high standards. Ill take my union job anyday and my company still is very profitable.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with this for the most part. Some unions have been known to do more harm than good, but overall, I'd rather have them around. Can you imagine what corporations would be like if there were no unions? Just read Sinclair Lewis's The Jungle - virtually every allegation in that book was confirmed by the government - and do some research on the Industrial Revolution. In the US there aren't as many laws protecting employees as there are other places - most of us are at the mercy of our employers whims. And we don't even know it.

Back