At what gear and what RPM to engage NOS when drag racing???

Hayabusa133

Registered
I'm going to install a MPS Racing spyder nitrous kit on my gen 2 busa...bike is stretched 6.5 inches over stock and lowered 2 inches front and rear. I'm using a 30hp shot. Engine is stock, brocks clutch mod, brocks clutch cushion kit, brocks CT Meg full exhaust, k&n race filter, MPS racing Auto Air Shifter kit.

I never raced using NOS before and would like to know at which gear to use NOS and at what RPM?

ALSO I'm using woolich racing to flash tune my ECU. Should I add fuel to the entire NOS map? Or just from 6000 or 8000 and up??? Or could i use auto tune to tune my fuel map while drag racing?

Thanks
Mark R.

I agree with BATTMAN, 30hp rated shot is rather small......it will hit harder than a fogger if your are using the MPS spyder but should be easily handled. Using selectable/switchable mapping with the ECU is your best bet IMHO for ease of use.

This is the way I have done it. Tune your bike from 7500 rpm to redline on spray. Get a map built on that. Once you do that build a couple maps. Maps for spray from 7500, 7750, 8000, 8250, 8500 rpm. Go to the track start off at 8500 rpm and see what happens. If it hooks and doesn't wheelie then start lowering the nitrous 250 rpms till it spins or wheelies.

Back