AT&T signal fix

K

kingofengland

For anyone that has AT&T, there's a new option to boost your signal. When I'm at home in Asheville, I don't even have signal in my living room. They sent out an offer for a microcell that acts like a mini cell tower and it works great. If anybody else got the free offer or something similar I'd definitely check it out. It just hooks into your broadband internet. Now my iPhone is actually functional when I'm home. If only there was one I could travel in my car with...

i have one from Sprint, works great :) you'll figure out the end of your chain pretty quickly too LOL calls can just drop if you get to the end of the line :laugh:

I picked up one yesterday.

I'm still thinking about changing carriers however.

Very interesting. I have a verizon tower about quarter mile from my house that has blocked almost every carriers signal since it was built.

Yeah, we've been deploying Microcells to our users when they have poor coverage; they work well - as long as one has broadband...

If AT&T is giving them away free now, they must be in panic mode, since they were charging for them a year ago.

Too late for this former AT&T customer. The day the iPhone was available at Verizon I switched. Now I can actually make and receive phone calls with my phone. I've had a total of two calls get dropped since switching to Verizon. With AT&T, I couldn't go a half hour without having a call drop.

AT&T's "Mark the Spot" app transferred over to my Verizon iPhone. I get a lot of satisfaction sending messages to AT&T using their app to tell them how much better my service is now that I switched to Verizon. Of course they never did anything in response to the service issues I reported to begin with, so I don't think they even bother to look at the data sent from the app.

What I had to do during my last year of AT&T "service" was get a google voice number and have calls made to my cell ring both my cell (assuming the wind was blowing the AT&T service close enough to my home), and my home phone.

AT&T = worst service ever.

HighSpeed internet is the Key! MicroCell wont work with my Satelite internet service.

And you are right, you have like zero ATT at your house! :laugh:

What is it you have? Whats it called?

Specifically, this
http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...w=AAL&planSKUId=null&tabId=dvcTab1820005&ptn=
AIRAVE® Access Point

works great but as noted, high speed internet is key. The device really wants to be plugged in just behind the cable modem and then has a port for routing back to your wired/wireless network. It has a GPS antenna so all 3G data works just fine and other services work as expected as well :thumbsup:

The thing just works and I dont drop calls while at home and within the "leash" limits of the device :whistle:

I have a Microcell that AT&T gave me several months ago. Works fine for phone calls but can't use apps, email or web from it. Also doesn't let me use visual voicemail either. And before you say just log on to your network, for some reason I can't log onto my gaming router from my Iphone... IDK

I need to check out the Verizon plans as well. My company phone is with Verizon and the thing always has a signal and never drops my calls. Something my iPhone does all the time!

I was so pissed the other day, I held for over 30 mins trying to reach a company about something I purchased. When I finally got to speak to some one I got about half way through explaining my issue and beep.....

Yep... the old dreaded "Call Failed" beep!! ::11

I think I screamed at the phone for about 30 secs straight then threaten to throw the thing in the trash can! Of course then I was reminded of how much a new one would cost me so I sucked it up, put it back in my pocket and called them back on my company phone. :laugh:

AT&T - :moon:

The easiest way to "boost" your signal from AT&T is to switch to Verizon. :moon:

Although with that being said, I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile to save some cash. If the merger goes through I will be with ma bell. Im pretty happy with T-Mobile in my area. Im hoping the merger gets shot down. If it goes through I will most likely go back to Verizon.

Back