Asking for some input

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
The other day I posted a business idea about a photography company. A couple of the board members have really stepped up to help me out with this thing. Mr Bogus and Razorshark, can't thank you enough.

Now I am looking for some intellectual help. I am brain storming to come up with a domain name.

I originally wanted to use, donsphotography.com, but already taken. So any inputs that you guys can come up with would be greatly appreciated.

Don

I would suggest names be sent Via PM....
smile.gif

It`s pointless without checking for available names.

Shorter is better and easier to spell.

Your name is not what you want in site name.

register.com is easy to check for availability, just don`t register with them, there is less expensive places.

How about www.blitzproduction.com I already checked, still available.

what about <insert here>photo.com
blitzphoto.com
donsphoto.com

just make sure the domain registrar doesn't own your domain when you register it. i have had some friends burned with this. well in reality, it was the web hoster that screwed them. they registered domain w/ the web host service package. then he couldnt leave w/o losing his domain name. ck small print. there are some shady companies out there.

what about <insert here>photo.com
blitzphoto.com
donsphoto.com

just make sure the domain registrar doesn't own your domain when you register it. i have had some friends burned with this. well in reality, it was the web hoster that screwed them. they registered domain w/ the web host service package. then he couldnt leave w/o losing his domain name. ck small print. there are some shady companies out there.
I have had to deal with that issue a number of times in the past... it is not the registrar that owns the name, it is the host that registered the name that ends up owning the name.... bad bad move but happens all the time...

I just provide a gateway and let the clients register their own names and set the nameservers..

Well it is done.

www.picsbydon.com

Now I just have to get a website built.

Don
imo...great domain name for someone taking happy snaps and working out of his parent's basement, not for a professional company. If you want people to take your serious and pay your for your services, then you should rethink this.

What is photography? Its a means to capture a moment in time that lives forever in the memory of those who view it, remember it, whether good or bad, its a powerful medium. Why would people pay others for it? Because they want to cherish those moments in every detail, so when they are old and falling apart, the pics of their past stay true...unless they go blind.

I would recommend another name bro...either original and creative, or plan: www.donsphotostudio.com

Either way, send me the details and I can help out with the site when things are back to normal on my end.

- Sharky

if he needs or wants, additional domain names can always be added to the account..
beerchug.gif

Back