As A Cop Ride safely

OB_FalconCOP161

Registered
Picking up my Copper Busa on Friday. And As a Cop in NJ I really don't worry about speeding tickets anymore, but those of you who ride this beast ride safe and aware of it's power.
I'm a new member on the boards And I hope to hear of any feedback or views any of you may have as to how Law enforcement views this fine Bike. Ride Safe NJCOP161@AOL.com

Welcome FalconCop!Any questions you have about the 'BUSA,someone will have the answer to.You said that you aren't worried as much about getting speeding tickets now.Is this one of the benefits of being a cop?
Is this one of the reasons you became a cop?
No offense just asking.
Another thing is,most of us love this new breed of motorcycle suzuki came up with,and will stand up for it when guys come in and talk down on it.And we will continue to do this as future 'BUSA models are realeased.If we're giving someone a piece of our mind,and it's annoying you,don't side with the OTHERS.
Just ignore it and move on.
Besides,it does make things more interesting once things start to get a little boring!But anyway,just have fun with it.Maybe you can set your patrol car up and do some top speed runs!

Pointer #1 don't Cop an attitude to a Cop if you get pulled over. 165 in a 65 is still 165 MPH. with this bike I'm afraid you'll have to Eat the summons. Just watch some states Impound Bikes/Cars for unsafe speed, bail the works. major pain in the Ass. At any unsafe speed..just admit you're caught and throw yourself at the mercy of the trooper that pulled you over,,who knows he may be a rider also..he'll be in such Aww about how your Busa looks he may overlook the ticket..but don't count on it.

Ride Safe 161

Radar runs are already in the works with fellow officers. My previous bike was a Harley Road King 99 model. I know it's night & Day diff. but this is also my 9th motorcycle (mostly Suzuki's) I'm sure I'll enjoy my new Ride.

Ride Safe 161

It is great to have someone from the other side to hopefully be able to give us some pointers. I'm sure none of us are out there to hurt anyone and we don't want to hurt ourselves. Most of us just love to ride fast and have fun. But of course the price to pay is being pulled over by the police. Some pointers on this catch 22 would be great. Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard FalconCop161 hope this board helps you out in finding the right oil,repairing of the bike and horse power gains.Yes this bike will out run most anything but a radio or a HP-chopper.I've owned mostly suzuki sports bike,one Honda VLX shadow,two Harley's which I still have.Yes I agree night and day between Harley's and this Hayabusa.Anyways ride safe and use your Vest when you're on duty.Most of my friends are cops in Hawaii and here in San Jose,Sunnyvale,Mt.View Northern California.Some of them came from the New York area and moved out here to become cops,met most of them at Golds Gym and at night clubs where they were bouncers.Ride Safe.

Any advice on Radar detectors and Laser Detectors?

How about Radar Jamming units ?

I am not trying to creat a conflict of interest this is only for what we will call entertainment purposes.

We should have a portion of the site for stupid biker stories, I am sure you must have a few you could share with us.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 11 August 1999).]

Thanks for the real info on detectors, all I can say they don't hurt and they do save me tickets. Instant on radar is real tough to beat, if you are cruising alone you are dead meat. You need to have a sacrifical car ahead of you to make it work. When the car ahead gets tagged you know something is waiting and make apropriate adjustments. The same practices work with the laser, you need a victim to run out in front to bird dog the Police who is hiding and waiting.

Have they released a moving laser gun yet, to my understanding they are all stationary units? What is the real working range of Laser?

Range on Laser is up to the visual range of the Officer Lasing you. A Laser Beam is the straightest beam of light there is so it's very accurate. im not sure on moving laser Yet but if it's cost effective it's out there.
And as for having Cars in front of you for bait, We're on Hayabusa's Who want's a Car going 70-80 maybe, in front of us. c'mon you know as well as I you're gonna pass him/her. just pray you get a Cop who understands that speed can Help as well as hurt..and has no quota to fill.

Stay Alert..Stay Alive..161

Radar Detectors are Garbage. I always Bag Speeders with them. Police Radar units have a stand-by switch which keeps the unit from emmiting the signal. once your in range, I simply flick the switch and your "Bagged" there's no Time for you to brake or react. There are Radar units now that can clock your speed while the unit is behind you.

Laser is more Pin-Point,,& Very Accurate. The detectors for them are more Gimmicks than anything,,not very useful either,,same stand-by switch also on Lasers..either way you're Bagged. Good Luck all you busa brothers,,If you ever speed in NJ I won't Whack you with a Ticket in My Town.

Also Most Cops look at your previous Driving History,,(I Do anyway)as to wherther to get a summons.

Ride Safe 161

While were on Cop topics. I'll pass along my tip.

When caught, simply keep your mouth shut. Say as little as possible. When asked something be polite. No wining, no excuses no nothing. I have driven away from more tickets than not simply doing this. IT WORKS!!!

I suspect that Cops get so much s###, all day long, that they appreciate not having to take it yet again.

Lyle, I agree with your No-Attitude policy when pulled over by a cop. Cops appreciate it when you 'take it like a man,' and often let you off or give you a break out of respect.

But it's also important to NOT admit to having done what you're accused of doing, as any admission you make will be entered into the cop's notes and may be used against you if you decide to go to court.

Since cops like you to make an admission as part of 'taking it like a man,' you've got to balance your words carefully, as in:

COP: Do you know how fast you were going?
YOU: No I don't officer.
COP: I have you on radar at 120.
YOU: I'm sorry, I didn't realize...

Don't say: I'm sorry, I don't usually ride that fast.

BE RESPECTFUL, BUT LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!

I know theres a deputy sherrif with a new 'Busa here in Puyallup, WA. Must be cool to ride this beast with no fear of tickets.

Back