Article: Rostra All Electric Cruise by Twotonevert

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Nice.:beerchug:

I was wondering who's garage you were in with the nice car under wrap...then saw the pic of the stuff on the walls and figured it out.:thumbsup:

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
BlueHaya said:
Nice.:beerchug:

I was wondering who's garage you were in with the nice car under wrap...then saw the pic of the stuff on the walls and figured it out.:thumbsup:
That was a fun day. About a 12 hour install from start to finish. We had some issues with the dip switch settings. But it has worked perfectly since the install.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Does this tutorial work for the Gen I's?
You can install the cruise on a Gen I, it is close but not the same... You will need to make adjustments like how the connections to the throttle assy works. Where to put the servo and what connections you make.. I have installed 3 on Gen I so it can be done but not exactly as this thread...

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
There is another post on here called "true cruise control" that is Gen I specific. It is a vacuum controlled cruise unit, but the throttle assembly and much of the wiring would be the same. Between the post by Twotonevert, the original cruise control thread and the one in my signature you should have no problems at all.

The write up I did that is in my signature is clearly for a Gen II, although I mentioned some of the differences in my thread and was very specific about settings and wiring.

Ok I am stumped! I picked up the rostra cc and followed instructions best I can and its not working.

I do have LCD tail lights so I followed the instructions for that
85 cold side brake
86 ground
87 not used
87a violet to cruise
30 ground

No go I can not get the test light in the cc to work... It only blinks when I turn on the power button.. Or 1st time you hit the brake ( it powers on the unit just like pressing on)
So I pulled out the oem tail light and hooked it up like the vacuum version. ( not going to list connections they were double and triple checked)
still no test mode, only light blinks when tuned on or off with controller. But now brake doesn't turn the controller on.

A few questions... Should the white/blue tracer from coil 1 have 12v when key is turned on ( I think yes until ECU grounds it)
How much voltage does the vss (gray wire on cc) wire have?
Every thing tests out ok, red/brown has 12 v when unit on button is on. Green gets 12v when pressed, yellows 12v when other button is pressed, viiolet gets 12v when brake is pressed..

I am lost... Any help out there?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Most likes - Past 7 days

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KodyH