Arrrrr i hate insurance.. (rant inside)

CraZyNOTRT

Registered
So some of you may know some guy pulled out in front of me two weeks ago. suzuki initial quote was $7200. I was 100% sure they were going to total my Precious B-king. I even Found a lightly used all black B-king with after market exhuast and some other mods to replace my silver b-king for $8500 which i was going to pick up today.
So the guys insurance told suzuki that they wouldnt fix the bike unless cost to repair the bike was around $6000. So because I have been going to my suzuki dealership for many years now, they dont want me to lose my bike/business, they offered to fix my bike minus the cost of labor. I know they are still going to make a killing off parts alone. So the new estimate is $5900, and now the insurance company says they still dont know if they are going to fix or total out my bike and I wont find out till next week. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Seriously what the hell is taking so long to figure this crap out. Do they enjoy wasting my time and money. I can not afford to keep driving BIG THIRSTY RED aka 99 dodge ram /w 5.9l that gets 15mpg on a good day. $80 a week just to drive to work 4 days a week. Where is the :easy: when you need it (end rant)

So some of you may know some guy pulled out in front of me two weeks ago. suzuki initial quote was $7200. I was 100% sure they were going to total my Precious B-king. I even Found a lightly used all black B-king with after market exhuast and some other mods to replace my silver b-king for $8500 which i was going to pick up today.
So the guys insurance told suzuki that they wouldnt fix the bike unless cost to repair the bike was around $6000. So because I have been going to my suzuki dealership for many years now, they dont want me to lose my bike/business, they offered to fix my bike minus the cost of labor. I know they are still going to make a killing off parts alone. So the new estimate is $5900, and now the insurance company says they still dont know if they are going to fix or total out my bike and I wont find out till next week. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Seriously what the hell is taking so long to figure this crap out. Do they enjoy wasting my time and money. I can not afford to keep driving BIG THIRSTY RED aka 99 dodge ram /w 5.9l that gets 15mpg on a good day. $80 a week just to drive to work 4 days a week. Where is the :easy: when you need it (end rant)
If you have a good relationship with your dealer then ask them to quote the repairs above $6000. Why would they want to do the labor for free when they could be making money doing other jobs.

The insurance will try and drag it out so when they make an offer you are frustrated and take it. I say you tell them they don't have a choice and they need to replace at fair market value or repair at quoted price. Don't let them mess with you.

If you have a good relationship with your dealer then ask them to quote the repairs above $6000. Why would they want to do the labor for free when they could be making money doing other jobs.

Because they are still making a killing on parts, example they quoted 1500$ for the front left fork. hell i can get a new fork from a suzuki parts dealer on line for 1100$. and suzuki dealers gets parts at discount price and jack up the price for resale, they are making probably $500 or more just on one part.
money is money and they like money.

Sorry you are having to mess with insurance, they are great when it comes time to take your money....

Please PM me which dealership you use. I've only been marginally happy with the one I to go and don't want to jack the thread.

Be prepared to wait a while. It took me a month to get my claim settled. It was also the other guy's fault. They originally low balled me by $2000. I eventually got them back up to what I wanted, but it took me a month of arguing and getting documents from dealers and all that wonderfulness. They originally said 6000. I got them back up to 8400. Insurance claims are by no means a quick thing. They take forever, but if you stick to your guns and don't let them walk all over you, you can get what you need.

When I had some one pull out in front of me on my GSX-R 600, I had it taken to the local dealer that I had a good relationship with. When I brought it in, the service manager asked me if I wanted the bike fixed, or if I wanted it totaled out. I was in the market for a Hayabusa anyway, so I requested it be totaled.

Here I am years later with my Hayabusa at a great price thanks to the jackass driver that nearly killed me.

Insurance company's try and settle and close motorcycle claims quickly here, especially if the cyclist is the victim of another persons insurance. They want to close the claim before the lawyers get involved :laugh:

My buddy got hit and while he was still in the hospital the 2nd day they were there with a 25,000 check for his pain, a brand new bike(same model) and the promise of covering his medical bills.

You have a big window to claim injury and pain here :whistle: :laugh:

well, if they dont have this settled before wednesday, they are going to have my uncle on their :moon: . He is a Insurance lawyer and this is his specialty.

Your dealer is undercutting itself? At your request? Or are they just wanting to to fix a totaled bike in their own best interest? Shady deal either way.

Your dealer is undercutting itself? At your request? Or are they just wanting to to fix a totaled bike in their own best interest? Shady deal either way.

That was all dealer, I have no say in how much they are willing to fix it for.
all I know is insurance told suzuki they wouldnt fix it unless it was around a certain price range and suzuki offered that deal.

If they do total my bike, im lucky if I am going to break even on the deal. I still owe $7,600 on the bike.

I love my insurance. Just got a check for $3745.00, 1328.00 was for one stock muffler which will be replaced with a nice 4-2-1.

Back