Army Walter Reed "scandal"

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I was watching some of the testimony today on cspan and much of it hit home because I had to go through a lot of that stuff when I got a MEB (med board). I was at Ft. Benning when I went through the whole process and, yes, it takes a long time.... longer than it should take. I know the whole Walter Reed thing is about living conditions but pretty much the entire Army medical situation is under fire right now. I had no trouble with living conditions because I wasn't stuck in a hospital and didn't have a combat related injury, but I know what the process is like for those on their way out. Hurry up and wait takes on a whole new meaning for injured soldiers... more like wait and wait, and then wait some more. Ft. Benning is a great place so I can't comment on conditions anywhere else.

I also learned today that even though the Army has the most servicemen in combat and the most injured... it gives LESS in compensation than any other branch... way less. That's pretty disturbing.

I just wish we had REAL people running the country instead of people who are handed everything or born with a silver spoon in their mouth. As long as it takes millions to run a campaign... the rich will always hold the top spots. And those people can't begin to know what it's like for regular Americans when they're busy holding $1,000 plate campaign dinners or marching in Selma to look good in front of the cameras... or busy hunting or chopping wood in Texas to look like a normal American.

definitely a crap sit. bro-just found out a good friend here in Milw. is going back in too- 2nd time to Iraq too. Hope everything else is good with the move bro.

Back