Arizona Ticket HELP!?!

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone explain to me how tickets in Arizona work? I received a ticket a few months ago in Peoria AZ. Stupidly, the ticket has no price, just a date for a court hearing. So, I wrote the judge a letter asking for forgiveness and explained that I was on Dept of Defense business, etc. Judge sent back on sentence... "court date December 20th". I write another letter explaining that I will throw myself at his mercey, just don't make me go to his hill billy small town court!!! Now I have his reply which gives me three options:

1) Go to driving school. Does anyone know if I can do this over the internet, or do I have to drive to Arizona for this...?

2) Pay $155 and plead guilty. Does this mean I get points on my record?

3) Come to a firm court date.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Doc

Check o see if Arizona has reciprocal rights with your state. It may just be a fine and no points. Or are you a resident in Arizona?

Hmmmm, how can I find this out? No, I live in Nevada....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Doc, I got a ticket a few years back in New York and it never showed up in Connecticut. They now have change the rules here.

Most states have a violator compact law, this is if say get a citation in one state and fail to satisfy it they will in turn revoke or suspend your license in your home state...

I agree with Stun you have to pay the fine it probably will give you points on your license because I am pretty sure all states have reciprosity SP?
rock.gif
with each other . My father was a truck driver he had 3 licenses all with seperate points etc if you got one fuoll go to the next . They did away with that around 1988 or so

Get an attorney Doc.  It costs more but the ticket is usually reduced to a non-moving violation.

I used to live in Arizona and received a ticket or two when I was there. The driving school thing is the way to go if you can make it back to Arizona. You have to pay like $75 and sit through an all day course on a Saturday given by a traffic cop. It sucks, but it beats the fine and the points. I'm not too sure about the court thing, I just took my medicine through the school.

I used to live in Arizona and received a ticket or two when I was there.  The driving school thing is the way to go if you can make it back to Arizona.  You have to pay like $75 and sit through an all day course on a Saturday given by a traffic cop.  It sucks, but it beats the fine and the points.  I'm not too sure about the court thing, I just took my medicine through the school.
This would be my .02 as well. Without bucking the system like I do to have them dismissed, this is your best option.

Wait a minute, Kerberos I believe that's what he's asking for the way to defeat the system...Don't fail him now...He's looking for the Article 69 $##! you're always bragging about...Not the simplest or the correct way to handle this incident...

Yeah Kerberos, hook me up man! I contacted my attorney today and he recommended I just do the traffic school. Although I prefer this to points on my license, a day sitting with a traffic cop is going to suk!

I did some reading on the thing Kerb was talking about and it requires a few things in advance to the ticket . He mentioned reserving your rights by signing UCC207
rock.gif
I think under your signature on your license . In theory (I have read some but never tried it ) If you do this you have not subject yourself to all of the hidden laws and contracts that most people do when they agree to use Money provided to us by the government . It was some intresting reading and maybe it has worked for some . I have my doubts but I figure next time I renew my license if I can get away with it what will it hurt . And tax forms etc anything you sign for the state or fed goverment . I had a web page you could check out in a post but I am at work and cant find it . It was very interesting reading very in depth etc . Good luck to you either way When I get home I will see if I can get my computer back online and find it for you . I just got a really cool new server and I have been working on it Dual processor 667 Pentium III IBM Hot swap drives raid array redundant powersupplys this thing kicks ass I wish I had more bandwith I would see if cap wanted some help with some sm,all stuff

Race24X,

Don't try to save his %!@...I want to see him represent that Article 69 *&^%!#@! he is always claiming...If he can defeat it before it happens he surely has discovered a way to defeat it afterwards if one hasn't taken the necessary measures up front...

So in other words don't save the "!@#$#"!!!!

If you do decide to go to court (I do not know how inconvenient that is for you due to distance, unfortunately), I suggest seeing this site:

http://www.beatmyspeedingticket.com/index.html

That is by far the best and most realistic defense guide I have seen yet. It is all about terminology and volume, not justice and honesty.

Fortunately for me, the court I am having to deal with is only about 70 miles away (yes, a bother, but not that big a deal).

Also, you say you received the ticket a few months ago. When was the court date set. Did you move it? If it has not been moved (hence waiving this right) and it is more than 45 days, it needs to be dismissed. You have the right to a fair and speedy trial, in this case, speedy meaning 45 days or less.

My apologies for not seeing this sooner, but you have a day left, so move on this ASAP!

As I have said before, you must have done something prior to being cited. What you are asking is what is called "an eleventh hour" request. Won't work.

I dont think you have the time or desire to 93-579 the judge.

This will probably land you in jail for contempt of court. Which you could definitely beat the charge upon appeal but you would do some jail time while you wait. And they would make you wait. months.

You should have heeded my warnings. Learned of your rights and how to excersize them. Perhaps this is a good lesson for you.

A parable from the scriptures may help read the parable of the 10 virgins. 5 of them made sure that they had oil in their lamps in case their master came home in the night, they would be ready to greet him. The other 5 had no oil. Now, when the master arrived in the dark of night, the 5 virgins without oil pleaded with the other 5 to please sell them some oil for their lamps. ut the 5 virgins with the oil replied that if they sold some of their oil, there would not be enough for them.

moral of this story?

Be dilligent and make preparations.

Also the story of the ant and the grasshopper. The ant spent all summer gathering food. The grasshopper played his fiddle and enjoyed the weather. Now, when winter came, the old grasshopper begged the ant for some food, but the ant only had enough for his own family. The grasshopper died in the cold, hungry and starving.

Wait a minute, Kerberos I believe that's what he's asking for the way to defeat the system...Don't fail him now...He's looking for the Article 69 $##! you're always bragging about...Not the simplest or the correct way to handle this incident...[/QUOTE]

The system can be defeated but at what cost to Doc? easy to defeat when one is prepared and watching, but the cost grows the longer one waits. Now it is the 11th hour and the cost to personal freedom would be great. Not worth it to go to jail for a ticket.
Don't try to save his %!@...I want to see him represent that Article 69 *&^%!#@! he is always claiming...If he can defeat it before it happens he surely has discovered a way to defeat it afterwards if one hasn't taken the necessary measures up front...

So in other words don't save the "!@#$#"!!!![/QUOTE]
Like I said above, it can be defeated but you would need to know your stuff and prepare for a long hard fight. You would need to challenge the judges jurisdiction over you. The judge will not like that. You will go to jail for some time. week, month, who knows. But it can be done.

The phrase : "So in other words don't save the "!@#$#"!!!!"[/QUOTE]

hmmmm looks like a 5 letter word or a 10 letter word. Doesn't look too complimentary due to the fact that you needed to mask the letters with symbols.

Sounds like sour grapes to me stunnah.

Hmm, lets start a new poll! There's an Idea!

See it in random thoughts..

Kerberos, there you are. I posted a question a while back, but I do not think you were on the boards. This is somewhat related... Anyway, a while back, when you were first explaining this procedure, you mentioned the switch from the gold standard to paper money with FDR. Could you elaborate on this some more, please? Was the gold standard reinstated or made into a silver standard since then (I posted a 1957 silver dollar certificate). I am curious because I see that the gold price has risen above that '3.30' mark and the dollar is falling against the Euro and Yen, which, from my understanding, would entail the need to return to the gold standard.
rock.gif

Oh my Kerberos, you got me for sure. I have no intention of a long fight. In fact, the way I see it, the time that I would lose that I could be doing consulting or having fun far outweighs the cost of the ticket, even if I just pay it and deal with the consequences. I think I will opt for the traffic school and make the drive to Kingman or Bullhead City... sux, but a lot faster and easier then a fight...

Thanks though... all of you!

Doc, check and see if you can do the traffic school online. You can go at your own pace and won't have to go to AZ.

I did my last school at WebTrafficSchool.com They send the info to the court for you too.

You can also take the advanced MSF course in place of defensive driving (much more fun and educational). Just make sure they accept it. The court clerk will probably say it is not acceptable (because they probably have not seen it and are generally lazy), but it is acceptable (state approved driving course... put up by the state) and the judge will be happy to dismiss your case with the course completion certificate.

Back