Arizona ride on the 25th

euroR

Registered
Ok the last ride to Jerome was great. I was sick and it made it worse but it was worth it. This time its on the 25th May Sunday. I was looking at Mt.Lemon in Tuscon. We will take 101 to 60 and then the back roads to Mt.Lemon. This will take all day and we will take off early morning.

Meet up at 34th ST. and Union Hills at the Mobil gas station. We will meet at 7am and take off at around 7:30am. We will get back late around 6ish maybe 7pm. No rush and again a easy ride.

add (+1) if you are in. Slow and easy ride, no speeding. We will regroup at 60 and Idaho at the chevron gas station at 8:30am, or how ever long it takes to get there from N.Phoenix, send my your number and where will you meet up with us.

Lets make it a great ride just like last time.

mtlemonridemapjpg.jpg

damn, I am going to be out of town for that one, you guys have a great ride and stay safe. I will have to make the next one.

I may be in AZ that week but a but farther west and north. I'm in the planning stages for a tour out to the Canyon and then maybe Monument Valley UT and loop back thru Bryce and Zion. I'm hoping the north rim will be open.

Chris and I could probably do the Florence loop, but not enough time for a Tucson run. I'll put the word out to the folks that didn't come on the last ride.

Ok the last ride to Jerome was great. I was sick and it made it worse but it was worth it. This time its on the 25th May Sunday. I was looking at Mt.Lemon in Tuscon. We will take 101 to 60 and then the back roads to Mt.Lemon. This will take all day and we will take off early morning.

Meet up at 34th ST. and Union Hills at the Mobil gas station. We will meet at 7am and take off at around 7:30am. We will get back late around 6ish maybe 7pm. No rush and again a easy ride.

add (+1) if you are in. Slow and easy ride, no speeding. We will regroup at 60 and Idaho at the chevron gas station at 8:30am, or how ever long it takes to get there from N.Phoenix, send my your number and where will you meet up with us.

Slow and easy ride, no speeding? Are you trying to tell me something?
whistling.gif

Yeah, I'm more than likely in but I'll confirm a little closer to the date. Have you taken that eastern route to Tuscon before? Is it mountainous or just straight runs?

Dan

Yeah, I'm more than likely in but I'll confirm a little closer to the date. Have you taken that eastern route to Tuscon before? Is it mountainous or just straight runs?

Dan

Well, speaking for my wife and I, we don't want to meet any more members of the AZ DPS.

77 has some elevation changes, sweepers, etc., but it isn't too technical. Going through Florence is boring. Last time I went through there there was lots of LEO outside of town, and lots of military traffic. I still think we could manage part of the trip. More than likely the Winkelman loop at the most.

super.gif
PM -->
euroR @ May 07 2008 said:
1408249[/ATTACH] PM]

whistling.gif

Dan
mostly flat, just a good cruze. And the speed well, last time we were going at a steady pase. Maybe the DPS officer didnt think that at the beggening.

super.gif

let me know if you weould like to extend the ride 90miles and go to globe and then down.

Sounds good....We definately have to do a Payson run, I would love to see that area over there.

You guys suck....lol... I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca for four years and miss the riding and the scenery so much. I don't remember the names of many of the roads, but I do remember Mt. Lemon. A couple of old Army riding buddies and I always talk about going back and spending a week, but we've never actually been able to pull it off.

If I'm not working, I'll make this one. I don't know about a complete slow and easy ride with no speeding at all....

If I'm not working, I'll make this one.  I don't know about a complete slow and easy ride with no speeding at all....
I'll stay with you then....I always have a map with me:laugh:just in case we get too far ahead. It'll be good to have you along Danny!

Dan

Back