are your stock exhaust cans uneven?

G

mine are uneven as hell, maybe 'cause they're in the corner of the garage?

Richard, LMFAO!!!

Lee, rev to the limiter and see how far it launches!

You think that is weird, while riding in a straight line look at the position of your ignition key, it is not center and points a little to the right. If you look at that area for a period of time, you will notice that the whole steering mech is a little off to the right. Although the bike moves in a straight line......

When I first noticed it, I tried to line the key up to the joint between the panels right under your gages. This result in a nice quick counter-steering move....lol

Ok, so it sounds like everyone's cans are mounted like that. I feel a little better. But, looking at the exhaust routing, I don't see why Suzuki couldn't have made the cans sit even to prevent their more anal-retentive customers from starting whiny threads about can location on internet webboards.

Oh well.

Cartman,

"The driver's side can is about a half-inch to an inch higher and further away from the bike than the passenger side."

So you have a front can and a rear can on your bike?
Or do you hangoff left and your passenger to the right side?
LOL.

If, like confirmed by others above, LH side is higher, then the obvious reason would be required room for sidestand in UP position.

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 15 August 2000).]

Animal: Yeah, I lapsed into idiot cage-speak there for a moment. Sorry about that. But it did get the idea across.

I could be wrong, but I really don't recall thinking as I observed the exhaust routing that the exhaust on the left side of the bike would even come close to being fouled by the kickstand if the exhaust/can were 1/2 inch more down and to the right.

Whatever.

Cartman,

Try reasoning the other way around, the sidestand needs all the cornering clearance it can get (remember 1 or 2 bike mag journos actually grinding it away in the UP position during the official Busa launch 1.5 years ago?) and the Japanese, no matter how close to perfect their bikes may seem when compared to non-Jap stuff, never let moving parts get really close to eachother, so it's still my guess this is why?

My training wheels are uneven, too. I always have to lean left or right on straightaways, and the indecision is distracting.

Ok, I need some advice regarding pipes. My 2 year old son put a plastic hollow golf ball in one of my Muzzy pipes. The can as you may know is pretty hollow so I'm pretty sure it went to the pipe(those are stock). Now..should I park it on an incline, start it up and fire it out or take off the can and extract it that way? Anyone ever have this situation? How do kids think of this??
Lee

I just noticed that my (factory stock) cans are uneven. The driver's side can is about a half-inch to an inch higher and further away from the bike than the passenger side. I checked the mounting points welded to the cans (look fine) and the cast aluminum can brackets. The brackets appear to be undamaged, but rather designed to be a little uneven. In other words, the difference in location appears to be intentional, designed into the cast exhuast can brackets. And no, my bike has never been down. No wrecks/drops whatsoever.

Are everyone elses' cans mounted like this? Now that I notice it, they look kinda crappy mounted this way, and it's bugging me.

We measured the cans on a buddies new 2 week old silver/blue just today and the one on the riders left side was 1/2 inch higher than the one on the right. It was somewhat noticable is what compelled us to check it. I have the same bike bought last December but I never noticed anything different on mine before mounting the carbon fiber cans that are now on it.

Back