Are you serious?????

SANDFLEA85

Registered
So now that im in the market for a new bike since i've been bikeless since last friday nite,I've come to find that some ppl really have no clue as to what there bike is worth,i mean realisticly.Im all for get as much as you can but ive seen 08's stock(0 MODS) with 4kmi on them asking over 12k??????????? c'mon,brand new they can be gotten for 10k w/0mi...02's with nothing more then chrome bar ends and bolt on extensions with 10kmi looking for 14k....WTF!!!

I stopped at TOCC last nite a spoke with the owner Steve,he said he see's all the time,ppl come in and ask what there bikes are worth..."ok,you have a bike you paid 10k for 4 yrs ago,put 20k into it,its worth 15k tops" as he says the expect to recoup all 30k..he had his custom busa quad that he owns the patten on(bulding 5 presently for customers) cost him over 50k to build the one on the showroom floor,asked if i wanted to buy it......25k! said thats all its worth on the market.

his advice to me was wait until a week or 2 before xmas and then go to any dealer and they will beg you to buy throwing everything but the kitchen sink in to close the deal.

gonna be hard to wait that long but i have a few eyed up already,lets hope they are still around in 12weeks

That's going to be the hard part, the waiting. I've been bikeless for 3 weeks and it seems like months.:banghead:

Prices seem to vary widely, depending on what region of the country you live in. Busas up here in the PacNW seemed to be priced pretty competitively. Sure, you get the odd guy who wants 12k for his 20k mile bike, but for the most part sellers seem to have reasonable expectations.

Buy a bike up here, send me the $ for a plane ticket home, and I'll ride it to your front door. :laugh:

I've saved all my receipts so when it comes time to sell I know how much to add to what i originaly paid for my bike. :laugh:

If your bike is considered your primary residence/home does it appreciate?

I think it's adoreable what some people want for their bikes.

I bought my 03 last november with 6k on the clock. Stock as a rock. Guy wanted $8k for it.
I offered him $5,000.
He called be back a week later and told me he'd take $6000. I told him I had $5,000.

He called me in january and told me he'd take $5000 for it. I bought it!!

Bikes are only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

And if you stretch it or put a mural of "Judgement Day" on the side of it, you can expect to receive less for it.

Start walking around with $5-6k cash and I'll bet you'll get a better price!

I Would have kept the old one DD. That was one of the only Gen I that had a little chrome on it that I like and I am in no way a chrome guy at all but I did like the way you had yours done up :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Patience. I paid 11K for mine was 2 months old 800 miles pristine with chromed wheels, full Yosh exhaust, and got his Shoei Hayabusa helmet too (which I'm trying to sell). Could have bought a brand new one for that price but would have paid full taxes pluse another $2k for the mods to come out the same. I got what I wanted out of the deal. Found on ebay and worked the guy down some over a period of time when it didn't sell for what he was originally asking. Did not buy on ebay made deal over phone and went personally to pu bike. Am very happy with my deal we both did OK.

IMG_4021.jpg

This arguement is the exact reason I put only a few comfort mods on my Busa and everything else I can move off to another bike.
Besides as for myself if I am looking for another bike I want it as close to stock as possible.

Devildog this late in the season your smart to be waiting till December, this season is quickly running out for us here in the N.East, but your right some people are crazy for what the want... I only dropped it a half dozen times and its 20 yrs old but its fast give me 50000000000 dollars and youll be stealing it from me. Come on man give me a break.

Be patient bro. Got mine for 8k in Atlanta with a few mods, my favorites being the full muzzy exhaust and 200mm tire.

Busa2.jpg

I Would have kept the old one DD. That was one of the only Gen I that had a little chrome on it that I like and I am in no way a chrome guy at all but I did like the way you had yours done up :thumbsup:

appreciate it but I dont stay attached to things,just ask my ex wives..haha..Im ok with a stock bike if thats what i settel on,this way i know what I got,and ill make it mine over the course of a yr or two and probably move on again.I just had too much time and $$ into the 02 I had to redo the swingarm with a fat tire..etc,Ill do that with the 08 or 09 I get in the near future,its hard though haveing a pile of cash in hand and seeing bikes on the street every day,I dont want to put the $$ in the bank becaus the wife might do something crazy with it like pay off some bills...haha

Last edited:
Back