Are you in the over 150 club monthly?

Initially, I couldn't tell if the spoiler did much at all. It didn't seem to stop the wind when in the most upright position.

Once I had it on for a while, I noticed a huge difference between the "off" position and the upright position. I guess it just took me a while to get what it was doing.

I use the off position when it's hot out, or when I want more wind pushing on me. In the on position, it keeps the cold off me, and also removes about 70% of the harsh wind that hits my upper chest. It doesn't do a whole lot for my helmet, which is what I was initially looking for. I also use it to keep rain and bugs off me.

Yeah, it's not a "huge" difference, which is what I had initially wanted. But I have close to 50k miles with it now, and I'm happy overall with it. In full up position it will take a good chunk of the wind blast off me when cold out. I find on the busa though, you get a lot of wind blast from the mirrors too - so the shield will only mitigate a small section right in the middle.

It's a $400 ebay fairing kit! It's all plastic (not fiberglass) and everything fit without modifications.

No kidding? Wow. How solid does it feel compared to the OEM fairings (especially at higher speeds as in the title of this thread)?

You guys are... don't know what's the safe word to use... You don't need to tuck-in much under 150. :laugh:

I had ZG, but put the stock back on after a crash years ago. Somehow stock feels right since then, and that's how I ride. But I don't ride that fast - mid triples - never 200. :laugh:

BTW: If you are doing 150 mph by the Suzuki's speedo you are actually only doing about 130-135 mph. or so. When I got my GPS and realized that 150 mph was really like 165 mph on the speedo I realized that going 150+ is really a pretty big deal.

BTW: If you are doing 150 mph by the Suzuki's speedo you are actually only doing about 130-135 mph. or so. When I got my GPS and realized that 150 mph was really like 165 mph on the speedo I realized that going 150+ is really a pretty big deal.

I have speedo healer :)

Per Jinksters detailed post I'm dialed in although at 205lbs it may be an issue of the front being just a little too soft. I'm happy up to 130 but the floaty feeling at 150 plus may well be due to road conditions. I'm going to look for another stretch of open road to try it out this weekend now that I have an HD cam on the way to record it.

If you are 6 feet + and have a 50 year old body shape :laugh: you have to slide back to get that chin down. I actually run out of room to slide back because of the hump cowl. However even with my rear up on the cowl a bit it still smoothes out the air flow. I think the critical thing is knees in tight to the bike and chin down. Maybe a little odd positioning but how long are you going to maintain 150+ mph on a public street?

You guys are too funny but I apprieciate all the feedback. I went out today and realized that due to having heli-bars and a riser block I was not sliding back as far as I needed to tuck completly in enough to allow my knees and helmet to hug the tank. :thumbsup:

179.jpg

Sure do, just about everytime I jump on the highway out here in the quiet desert. Speedohealer has a nice max speed recall button.

150??!! In Michigan!!!? In FLINT MICHIGAN!!!! Have you seen our roads? No chance here, too many houses and where there's no houses they have too many deer... and too many pot holes everywhere.

Back