Are you in the over 150 club monthly?

Gpr1200r

Registered
Ok so I purchased my Busa after 25+ years of riding and absolutely love it. Everything I was expecting and more. I'm running a Zero Gravity Double Bubble and at speeds approaching 150 it just feels soft/floaty. I've got my suspension dialed in and running 42/42 on Michelin Pilot Powers. Maybe another windscreen or air pressure changes could help. Any suggestons? Thanks.

Gpr1200r

I like my MRA vario, but it's $$

left.jpg

Had a ZG DB on my 06 and have the same on the 09. No issues at any speed. Has your belly wing been removed?

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

If the bike is feeling a little "floaty" at high speeds I would surmise that it is indicative of the road surface. I've gone pretty fast on several bikes and whether or not the suspension was looked after did not matter for a straight line blast if it was on a decent road surface. On an uneven road surface my bikes set up for track have a pretty harsh ride while bikes that I ride that are not set up for my weight will give me that "floaty" feeling.

What do you mean by "suspension dialed in"?

You have to get your chin down on the tank even if you have your rear up in the air. Air flow smooths right out, it's like punching through a wall or something. You're not going to do much "handling" at those speeds but the bike will feel more in control with your head as low as you can get it.

ZG DB here as well with PR2's. Very solid feel and too comfortable at that speed. Nice bike mysql!

Is good body position butt off seat, knees squeezing tank, and head below windscreen? The suspension dialed in takes time and is well worth the effort for a driver wieght / parts bolted to the chassis

MRA.05.050.VT.1 MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield for Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, '99-'07 $149.99

Another angle:

34ths.jpg

Thanks! I like the way that windshield looks (not too crazy about the spoiler, though). How's the wind deflection? Is the spoiler part of the windshield or is that an add-on?

Soft/Floaty at or approaching 150 ???
Butt off seat..WHAT :laugh:
IDK man, mine feels like it`s on a rail at and beyond those (speedo indicated)speeds, even with passenger seat.
Chin down..sure; but my azz never leaves the seat.

ETA- sorry to laugh except "butt off seat" gives me a bad mental image:laugh:

Thanks! I like the way that windshield looks (not too crazy about the spoiler, though). How's the wind deflection? Is the spoiler part of the windshield or is that an add-on?

The touring screen is the same screen without the "vario" spoiler.

TwistedThrottle.com : MRA TouringScreen Windshield for Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08- - MRA.05.055.T

I have the vario model, and I like it a lot with the spoiler all the way down in hot weather, and when it's a bit colder, it helps keep a bit of cold air off you with it up.

Soft/Floaty at or approaching 150 ???
Butt off seat..WHAT :laugh:
IDK man, mine feels like it`s on a rail at and beyond those (speedo indicated)speeds, even with passenger seat.
Chin down..sure; but my azz never leaves the seat.

ETA- sorry to laugh except "butt off seat" gives me a bad mental image:laugh:

If you are 6 feet + and have a 50 year old body shape :laugh: you have to slide back to get that chin down. I actually run out of room to slide back because of the hump cowl. However even with my rear up on the cowl a bit it still smoothes out the air flow. I think the critical thing is knees in tight to the bike and chin down. Maybe a little odd positioning but how long are you going to maintain 150+ mph on a public street?

I have the vario model, and I like it a lot with the spoiler all the way down in hot weather, and when it's a bit colder, it helps keep a bit of cold air off you with it up.

Initially, I couldn't tell if the spoiler did much at all. It didn't seem to stop the wind when in the most upright position.

Once I had it on for a while, I noticed a huge difference between the "off" position and the upright position. I guess it just took me a while to get what it was doing.

I use the off position when it's hot out, or when I want more wind pushing on me. In the on position, it keeps the cold off me, and also removes about 70% of the harsh wind that hits my upper chest. It doesn't do a whole lot for my helmet, which is what I was initially looking for. I also use it to keep rain and bugs off me.

Initially, I couldn't tell if the spoiler did much at all. It didn't seem to stop the wind when in the most upright position.

Once I had it on for a while, I noticed a huge difference between the "off" position and the upright position. I guess it just took me a while to get what it was doing.

I use the off position when it's hot out, or when I want more wind pushing on me. In the on position, it keeps the cold off me, and also removes about 70% of the harsh wind that hits my upper chest. It doesn't do a whole lot for my helmet, which is what I was initially looking for. I also use it to keep rain and bugs off me.

Thanks. I do like the look of the touring windshield better than the double bubble. I still think the stock windshield looks the best but offers little wind deflection. By the way, I love the paint and graphics! Is that your doing?

Back