Are you high?!?

Dscahill

Registered
Heres the story:

In Des Moines there is a custom bike show at the State Fair Grounds this weekend that I am planning to attend along with some friends/family. My friend (who passed)'s mother is a Goldwing rider, and bike enthusiast but lives about a hour away, and as luck would have it, in the same town as some of my family. She also recently lost her husband/riding partner. So be nice, I offered to see if she wanted a ride to this show! She was extatic, and mentioned "suiting up" for the ride.I questioned the "suiting up" comment, and she said "for the ride, its chilly".

I just had to ask, "are you high?!?

Its too damn cold (at 17 ish degrees) to make a 45 mile journey!

The moral of the story is this: aparently riding a Goldwing makes you a badass biker!

-D

She is way more badass than me. I need about 30 more F's before I even think about firing up the bike.

She is one tough bird buddy. I have ridden in 15 20 degrees before. It was not pleaseant. I has snow pants and thermals on as well as 2 pairs of gloves a helmet and i liner under that. I froze damn near to death in a span of 20 city blocks.

Went to Florida for a charity ride last Jan. Started the ride at 17 degrees F. I was miserable until I hit JAX and then it started raining :laugh: I don't have the best gear or any heated gear.

I thought I was going to be a "winter rider", and spent close to $200 on thermals. Took her out at 35F... never again. I'll (not-so-patiently) wait until it is at least 40.... she's got guts!

I consider myself to be pretty hardy when it comes to cold weather but below 45 gets miserable after few miles for me.

Back