Are you all still riding?

groran1000

Registered
I see a few bikes on the road even though we are on lock down. But anyway, are you all, my busa friends still riding? Does anyone know if anyone got sick from riding. I know the social distancing and all. I was thinking and I do a lot of that, what if someone in the car ahead of you rolled window down and sneezed, you are behind them and they are a carrier of the virus? If the virus can only be transmitted from being close to someone infected, why are the governments telling us to stay indoors and only come out for absolute necessities. How many of you are not riding? I'm not. Store every month, check mail, doctor, pharmacy only. Am I being overly paranoid. I'm 64 soon and worried about getting sick, but man I want to ride sooo bad!!

We aren't on total lock down here, lots of bikes out all over the place (weather permitting).

Good point about the sneezing and you being behind them.

I tell people if you are social distancing and are down wind from someone, you could be 20 feet away and if they sneeze, you might as well be standing right beside them.

I ask, how many people get the flu shot? How many people have got the flu?

This is the same principle as this virus....it is said it is easier to catch but a virus is a virus in my opinion. People need to maintain proper hygiene all year and not just when they are paranoid and scared due to media over-load. Thousands upon thousands of people die each year from the regular flu and we have a vaccine for that which many people don't get...the way the media has this virus pegged is if you get it, you are going to die and this is just not realistic.

I am 63 and am riding a lot. We are not on total lockdown though. On the 11th more businesses are opening like auto/motorcycle dealer :thumbsup:

I have been keeping to more rural areas since this virus thing started. @Yellow09 I did get a flu shot the last 8 years or so.

I am 63 and am riding a lot. We are not on total lockdown though. On the 11th more businesses are opening like auto/motorcycle dealer :thumbsup:

I have been keeping to more rural areas since this virus thing started. @Yellow09 I did get a flu shot the last 8 years or so.
……..many haven't yet they all still go out during the Christmas/flu season into the sea of humanity without even a thought about it.

I never took a flu shot until I got a really bad flu that put me out for a week. I have been taking them regularly since.
Getting the flu sucks...yet people don't get the shot and they go expose themselves with no worry...

If the media followed the regular flu like they do Covid 19, people wouldn't leave their houses..

I got the flu once and lost over 10lbs....it was no picnic.

I get the shot.

I just turned 63. Weather permitting, I'm riding this coming Saturday. I will get directly out of town and into some nice twisty roads. Only interaction is a stop for gas with latex gloves under the motorcycle ones. A backpack with sandwiches and a bottle of water for the rest stop. That's the current plan :)

I have been riding more than usual. Roads are less saturated with morons on their phones and work has not stopped. I still have my daily commute so that has not changed. Some areas still require a mask to be worn but not all. Getting back from the west coast of FL this weekend felt like they don’t even know about the virus there. Tons of people everywhere hanging out, barely saw anyone wearing a mask.

Lockdown for coming up to start of week 7. No riding, no recreational activities, no non essential travel or be prepared to explain your reasons to the officer. I'm sorta lucky that I can ride to work and back...about 20kms round trip, but better than nothing. And we expect to be like this for another few weeks yet.

Getting the flu sucks...yet people don't get the shot and they go expose themselves with no worry...

If the media followed the regular flu like they do Covid 19, people wouldn't leave their houses..

I got the flu once and lost over 10lbs....it was no picnic.

I get the shot.

If you military was anything like ours, you should be inoculated against EVERYTHING!!! Lol

If you military was anything like ours, you should be inoculated against EVERYTHING!!! Lol

Strangely enough, I was going through my immunization book(s) the other day....there isn't too much out there I haven't had a shot for...

We got some nasty ones too...some don't even have a name or description, just a batch number. I got a few before going to the really nasty places and I recall they sure hurt like heck.

H1N1 shot hurt...and the H1N1 never took off thankfully.

Yea we got some of ours after deployment, sign this waiver, take the shot, stay sick as hell for a few days. “Hey Top, what is it?” “ an article 15 of you don’t take it or ask again”. Have no clue what half the crap we got

Yea we got some of ours after deployment, sign this waiver, take the shot, stay sick as hell for a few days. “Hey Top, what is it?” “ an article 15 of you don’t take it or ask again”. Have no clue what half the crap we got
I hear that....

We got shots in our hips once and the Sgt took us for a 10 mile run...I should have known something was up when we had to get the shots in our PT strip...

It was kind of humorous to see us trying to walk the next day....

That GG shot was a bastion. Felt like peanut butter and left a golf ball size knot on your hip for a week or so

As for riding, I try to get a few miles a week

Not a Busa but I've been riding a lot. Put on over 3k miles this season so far. I also got needles for probably everything under the sun in the Corps, but I don't get a flu shot. They take a guess on what strain it will be that year and give you that. No thanks. I'll take my chances. Haven't gotten the flu in probably 20 years. Since I stopped getting the shot.

Not a Busa but I've been riding a lot. Put on over 3k miles this season so far. I also got needles for probably everything under the sun in the Corps, but I don't get a flu shot. They take a guess on what strain it will be that year and give you that. No thanks. I'll take my chances. Haven't gotten the flu in probably 20 years. Since I stopped getting the shot.
What have you been riding?

It would be tough for everyone who is on a total lock down. Sorry to hear about that. I’ve been riding when I can but the weather up here in Ontario has been crap this spring. This weekend only 2C with chance of snow!
….yeah...."crap" is a good description..

Omar and I went for a spin last weekend - about 100 miles, tons of bikes out because everyone here is pretty much over being told to stay at home...

Back