Are these Hids any good

mvanlone

Registered
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7-9005-Headlight-Kit-HID-Suzuki-GSXR-1000-HAYABUSA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35598QQihZ0

11QQitemZ320202310130QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWDVW</a>

These hids are from StarRotors and are they any good? I went ahead and bought them and I upgraded the ballists to digital. Can someone explain to me why the digital ballists are better and what reason?

These hids are from StarRotors and are they any good?
Want an honest answer?

Not particularly, no.

These kits look pretty much like many of the HID knock-off kits, typically Chinese components, marketed through some fly-by-night Pacific Rim outfit. Hopefully you ordered the 5000K bulbs. Once you get above 6000K, they are pretty much just crap bling that cause you to be a cop-magnet in some regions of the country.

Now, if you are actually after the blingy blue/purple effect, and not all that interested in actually putting usable lumens on the roadway in front you, then... that's a different story.
winkold.gif

Note the "warranty" period..... 30 days. That's from time of purchase. He states he can ship "within 5 days". Who knows how long to actually reach you. Then say you may not be in a position to install for whatever period of time.... say another week, or so. By the time you install them and have them in operation, you will have considerably less than 30 days of "warranty".

You can see where this is going.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I went ahead and bought them and I upgraded the ballists to digital. Can someone explain to me why the digital ballists are better and what reason?[/quote]

You mean the "slim" ballasts?
rock.gif

A number of folks on the FJR forum have gotten these kits with the "slim" ballasts. There have been a couple of reports of outright failures on these ballasts, so.... good luck.

Perhaps it might have been prudent to ask these questions prior to purchasing them....
dunno.gif

Can you reverse the order at this point?

I know Xeonking wasn't the company you bought these from but they have been with the oRg a very long time and stand behind everything they sale! There is a reason I send people including myself to site supporters besides supporting the site! They are tops at what their businesses offer, they have stood the test of time, and they're generally riding enthusiast just like you and me! Perhaps as suggested above anytime someone is hesitant about making a purchase for their bike they should post up before they commit to buy... But, on the positive side
your purchase may last many years and give you a trouble free time! Only time is going to tell.
Please keep us posted as we've all been right where you are at one time or another... Man doesn't experience stink as you gather it!

I know Xeonking wasn't the company you bought these from but they have been with the oRg a very long time and stand behind everything they sale! There is a reason I send people including myself to site supporters besides supporting the site! They are tops at what their businesses offer, they have stood the test of time, and they're generally riding enthusiast just like you and me! Perhaps as suggested above anytime someone is hesitant about making a purchase for their bike they should post up before they commit to buy... But, on the positive side
your purchase may last many years and give you a trouble free time! Only time is going to tell.
Please keep us posted as we've all been right where you are at one time or another... Man doesn't experience stink as you gather it!
+1000

Just got my kit from Xenon king and had it installed pretty quick. It probably took me about an hour and damn does it look nice.

Funny thing, it is raining like hell so I can't test it out. It seems like HID installs cause rain.

Back