Are these chains ancient history? Would anybody use it?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Had this around for awhile. Bought for a past Busa,number 3 or 4 I think.Which subsequently got sold. Its the gold series.Double X-ring.
Guess I paid $279.oo + tax + shipping. Ouch. They did NOT include free Vaseline.:moon:
Any interest?
Rubb.

Had this around for awhile. Bought for a past Busa,number 3 or 4 I think.Which subsequently got sold. Its the gold series.Double X-ring.
Guess I paid $279.oo + tax + shipping. Ouch. They did NOT include free Vaseline.:moon:
Any interest?
Rubb.

View attachment 1617712

Don’t recall ever having an X ring much less a double X ring? but if it’s not rusty and still packaged, why not? Did they have a short life among riders?

Don’t recall ever having an X ring much less a double X ring? but if it’s not rusty and still packaged, why not? Did they have a short life among riders?
They were advertised as top-of-the-line at the time. The "X-RING" was designed to keep dirt out better than O-ring,so I was told.
From the web:

D.I.D is the number one motorcycle chain in the world.
  • D.I.D chains are used by factory races teams from all manufacturers in race series everywhere.D.I.D's engineers are continuously improving chain designs in order to handle the tremendous horsepower loads of today's high performance motorcycles.
  • In developing the new DID ZVM-X series, D.I.D focused on "Rigidity." Traditionally, "Tensile Strength" has been the bench-mark to indicate overall strength, but tensile strength is only a laboratory static measurement of a chain's fracture point.
  • Rigidity, on the other hand, is the ability of a chain to withstand the forces that occur in the real world that riders experience.
  • Increased rigidity means better power transfer from the engine to the ground, greater resistance to stretching under load, and overall improved performance that meets the demands of the current high-power bikes and the people who ride them.
More: Normal O-rings and other makers' modified O-rings have squish points that increase friction. The twisting action of the X-Ring® disperses the pressure and minimizes power loss.1.5 to 2 Times Longer Wear Resistance - Compared with Normal O-ring chain.

Well OK then.... Rubb.

I know an advertisement when I read one but I wondered if anyone had experience with them over the years like most of us have with O ring chains. Haven’t heard.
I currently have a x ring chain it was more readily available than o-ring at the time I needed one

I currently have a x ring chain it was more readily available than o-ring at the time I needed one
Working well? How many miles on it? Does it stretch less than other chains as they claim? Cost vs O-ring? ETC?
Rubb.

Well it would appear [after further research] they are good chains.
So,in the spirit of the Org and Ol' Rubb...this chain will be offered up for free.
A donation to Wounded Warriors or your local S.P.C.A/A.S.P.C.A would be welcomed,but in no way required. :thumbsup: Or if you wish....Say a prayer for Busa Brother Rocketmn who recently left us. Will fit any super sport bike,doesn't have to be a Busa,just one that uses a 530 pitch.Just dug it out of storage to check for rust etc, clean as a

I'm sure everybody knows to clean off shiddy factory grease and apply some of your own good stuff.
Rubb.

OK,click there for a funny. Has to do with this thread and the chain I'm talking about.
Prepare to laugh your bag off. I think I have Oldtimers.
CLICK HERE

OK,click there for a funny. Has to do with this thread and the chain I'm talking about.
Prepare to laugh your bag off. I think I have Oldtimers.
CLICK HERE
Just to bring this thread back to the top...trust me, its funny krap.
I PM'd member Hayabuser,he lives near me. Told him I was granting him Power of Attorney and asked that he prepare a list of good nursing homes for me...I think I have that, that "Oldtimers Disease."
Click it,chuck shi7 at Rubb. It's a fun activity for everyone.
Rubb.

First order of business with my new Power of Attorney, I'm taking the turbo as payment for my services. I will lease you my VanVan200 so you can continue to ride, but on something safer and more in line with your new limited cranial capacity. Sharing is caring! :lol:

First order of business with my new Power of Attorney, I'm taking the turbo as payment for my services. I will lease you my VanVan200 so you can continue to ride, but on something safer and more in line with your new limited cranial capacity. Sharing is caring! :lol:
I can feel the love... :rolleyes:
Rubb.

Shout out to Rubb for the gift of chain today! Solid gold! The Rubb, not the chain. :thumbsup:
No worries bro. Very nice home you have there. Sorry about the empty can's and cigarette butts on the porch. Also the front door was open,so I used your bathroom,hope thats cool.I looked for the toilet plunger but couldn't find it,apologies there.Did I remember to turn the stove off?
BTW,that bed you and the miss's have is all kind's of comfy.Fell asleep for about an' hour...needed that,I was burned out bigtime.OK, L8R my friend,Rubb.

Back