Are the motorcycle reviews/ comparisons completely honest?

hayanek

Registered
What do you think? In my opinion, no. Sometimes, the "professional testers" fail to mention everything.

I started that thread because I start not to believe a single word written in the magazines.. I have read more than a dozen of zx14/ hayabusa comparisons and nobody but nobody ever written that hayabusa's quality (plastics, fairings etc) is superior to the zx14"s. I mean the two bikes are not even in the same page. And only a few have written that new kawa may be stronger, but you will never feel it at low rpm.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Take the BMW 1000rr for example. The tester, commentator says in the end that the rr was almost foolproof in the twisties and you can go faster than other bikes. Well, in professional races, the bmw's seem to come in 9th on up. The way I have it figured, if that fool proof tech was for real, then those riders should go faster in curves than the others, therefore being at the front of the race. Now, before I'm flamed, I know, they win some races, but most they do not. Nothing like the feel of the seat of your pants for the twisties. I am no way an expert or a great rider, just an observation.

To answer the original question, no, I don't believe everything they say. Magazine reviews are good for pictures and highlighting features, but not much more.

...hayabusa's quality (plastics, fairings etc) is superior to the zx14"s. I mean the two bikes are not even in the same page. And only a few have written that new kawa may be stronger, but you will never feel it at low rpm.

I'm curious about how you came to the above conclusions. My experience has not been the same. The Kawasaki body is a totally different design from the Busa, but I haven't seen how it's inferior. The airbox is certainly easier to access on the Busa, but I've never been afraid of breaking tabs when stripping the Ninja. Also, no body work is necessary to change the oil. I can't speak about the original ZX-14, but the 2012+ ZX-14R is clearly stronger throughout the entire RPM range. There is no question about that.

I know some Busa owners don't like to hear things like this, but the fact is competition breeds innovation. It's Suzuki's move and I hope they make a big one.

just like a Hatori Hanzo sword, when comparing motorcycles, you compare them to every other bike other than a Hayabusa! :rulez:

To answer the original question, no, I don't believe everything they say. Magazine reviews are good for pictures and highlighting features, but not much more.

I'm curious about how you came to the above conclusions. My experience has not been the same. The Kawasaki body is a totally different design from the Busa, but I haven't seen how it's inferior. The airbox is certainly easier to access on the Busa, but I've never been afraid of breaking tabs when stripping the Ninja. Also, no body work is necessary to change the oil. I can't speak about the original ZX-14, but the 2012+ ZX-14R is clearly stronger throughout the entire RPM range. There is no question about that.

I know some Busa owners don't like to hear things like this, but the fact is competition breeds innovation. It's Suzuki's move and I hope they make a big one.

The zx14 is good for my figure (6.02 and 185 pounds) with better brakes than the haya but each time I rode it after I have ridden hayabusa it felt like there was no pressure on the front tire. Furthermore, after almost each ride I used to inspect it just to make sure that all the fairings are in place :) I have no idea about the 2012 model since I have not owned it and I may buy it in the future, but right now I prefer to go with a 2013 hayabusa:). it is pretty difficult to improve the existent model, but even if they do it on 2015, I hope that they will not change much on it. To me (and other millions) that bike is belongs to the team of the top 5 best motorcycles of all the ages.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Take the BMW 1000rr for example. The tester, commentator says in the end that the rr was almost foolproof in the twisties and you can go faster than other bikes. Well, in professional races, the bmw's seem to come in 9th on up. The way I have it figured, if that fool proof tech was for real, then those riders should go faster in curves than the others, therefore being at the front of the race. Now, before I'm flamed, I know, they win some races, but most they do not. Nothing like the feel of the seat of your pants for the twisties. I am no way an expert or a great rider, just an observation.

I haven't ridden the BMW and am no way a pro rider either...but I tend to agree with this statement.
I know competition is fierce at the pro level and those guys are the best in the world.
But BMW has had enough years to work out the bugs and get the best riders.
You can't win them all, but the Japanese bikes still dominate.
Then again, Yamaha has done quiet well for what myself and many think is a bike less capable than Suzuki or Kawasaki.
Just goes to show that it really is all in the rider, even when BMW's considered the superior bike.
I'm not knockin the BMW either, I'de love to try it.:beerchug:

Back