Are the dust seals leaking ?

@fallenarch U funny. :laugh:
@Hayabusa Wannabe - I am not based out of US. So using tuners in US is beyond my options. Getting dust and fork seals and changing the oil is my best bet at the moment.
@bigron I apologize, I had lost track of where you are. Nothing like getting a suggestion that would take 6 months to work for you. Sorry about that.
Ron and HW I once shipped a couple small parts to member Shenoyp (no longer posts,shame) who lives in Mysore,India. Package was the size of a deck of playing cards. Post office guy said "That'll be 70 dollars" I was like WTF. He also said they would be lucky to even arrive. Not sure if it is still like that. Bigron?
Rubb.

@rubbersidedown - International couriers do get delivered now as long as they not from China. They can be very expensive though and spend a considerable time at the Indian Customs office for scrutiny if the package is heavy. Under a kilo, and its fine. We have a very heavy import duty cost. To the tune of almost 100% the value of the product. So a 80 $ Double bubble will end up costing 150 $ plus shipping. A 700 USD Two brother slip on will be around 1300 USD if bought locally within India from a dealer. Hence the reason why a new Busa costed 23000 USD new in India.

For regular consumables or OEM I use a website called Wemoto.com. They are based out of UK and have one of the largest parts catalog and ship overseas. Corona has made international shipping quite hard here in India. It helps that UK is closer to India then US so the shipping on a good day takes less than a week. In todays time it will take about 3 to 4 weeks if my local dealer is out of them.
All of my parts ( Brembo Hp calipers/19RCS/New Image seats etc) I have hand carried them myself during my trips to US or have asked friends to carry it with them. Thats how you save on all those custom duties and pay US prices.

Getting a pair of Ti force ( bought used from a forum member) that I have on my bike shipped to me was a logistic nightmare due to their size and shape. I got them shipped to a friend in US. He then kept one piece and shipped the other piece to a third person. Both of them traveled with it at different times when they returned and I did end up paying some form of duty on it but not as much if I had it shipped to me directly.

Last edited:
@bigron I face a little bit of that even here in Canada just getting things shipped from the US. If the package is in a plain box with no company logo and sent by way of regular post office...NOT UPS,FedSex,Purculator LOL and marked "Gift"
whistle.gif
it crosses the border fast,hassle-free,duty-free and no fee's. I learned this years ago when I ordered a t-shirt off the internet from just a 2 hour drive south of the border. Delivery guy came to the door wanted taxes,duty,etc...for more than I paid for the shirt. I said "keep it" and closed the door. Their are private companies border jump everyday...very low cost. Might those idea's help you? I'd be willing to ship you whatever you wanted,packaged up how ever you like. I could mark the box "Urgent Medical Supplies" or slap a bunch of warning stickers on it...make them afraid to store it,open it,etc for even a minute.

toxic.jpg

With these Covid times...I'd put this package on the outbound truck ASAP....

bio.jpeg

Watchu think ?
rofl.gif

Rubb.

@Hayabusa Wannabe - I am not based out of US. So using tuners in US is beyond my options. Getting dust and fork seals and changing the oil is my best bet at the moment.

but you have the chance to get the wilbers promoto stuff in india?

this is a good and inexpensive alternative, espacially if you follow their hints (see online shop) about oil visko and its amount per side.

and
the oil seal(s) - renew asap
the dust seals - you can use them again - they have no other job but to wipe away dust and mud .

Back