Are MREs any good ?

Well,

After getting food poisoning on C-rats twice in the PI, when the "new" MRE's came out we thought they were the bomb!

That peanutbutter was in there as an anti-#2 agent! Think of all the money Uncle Sam saved on toilet paper... LOL!

I always keep 2 MRE's in the emergency kit in the car. Never know...

Also good to take while 4 wheeling in the mountains. God I miss that

MRE=Meals Rejected by Ethiopia

when I first joined the military, we were treated to the dark brown bags (dehydrated pork patty, john wayne bar, etc). The new ones are pretty good, especially when you get the cheese pack (you can throw that right in the heater with the main meal). or, if you decide to eat it cold, just get a water bottle, throw the heater in it, put some water in it, cap & shake, and then toss it down the vent hole on top of a porta-john that's occupied by someone you don't like very much, and hilarity ensues....

That's the whole point of them. When you're in the field you want to be doing #2 as little as possible. I could usually go 4-5 days in the field before digging my first cat hole.

Correct there, but its when you do go to do #2 is when the problems set in!!!

If you wanna get fat quick keep eating those MRE's. They are like 4000 calories a pack and are meant to sustain a combat soldier burning mega calories a day.

Novelty, yes, but are not much fun to live on.

eatn them for a week or more straight in the field will make it next to impossible to :flush: without one of these :headache:

That's the whole point of them. When you're in the field you want to be doing #2 as little as possible. I could usually go 4-5 days in the field before digging my first cat hole.

:rofl: I ate them for 7 months straight
well hell, this explains the look on Dinos face all the time... :rofl:

:rofl: I actually lost weight on them since I only ate one main meal/3rd of an MRE a day cause I loved them so much.....plus the major one you take after eating them is worth atleast 10 lbs

I was always told that the gum that comes with them was a laxative of sorts. Dont know if its true but I never had problems"getting rid of the mre's" after eating them, and I almost always chewed the gum...so maybe you guys having problems just need to chew some more.:whistle:

Back