Are MREs any good ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I like the BBQ pork pack and the little bottle of Tabasco sauce that comes with it. Has anyone else eaten any of these ?
I got a few cases of them at a gunshow a while back and have been thinking about what they tasted like. I have to say it was pretty durn good.

What you thought this was another TRE or XTRE thread ?
Sorry...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

They always tasted great in the field but not so good at home....Too much of the peanut butter makes it hard to ---->:flush:

They are pretty good and are nurishing but if it's all you had they'd probably get old quick. I like the heating pack that works with water. My wife ran a cold storage warehouse and had MREs stored. They caught on fire and guess what, The more water the fire dept. put on them the hotter the fire got. She had to advise them on how to fight it.

eatn them for a week or more straight in the field will make it next to impossible to :flush: without one of these :headache:

eatn them for a week or more straight in the field will make it next to impossible to :flush: without one of these :headache:

That's the whole point of them. When you're in the field you want to be doing #2 as little as possible. I could usually go 4-5 days in the field before digging my first cat hole.

I used them a few times on camping trips and I think they are as good as any of the other dehydrated food available out there. However, if I only had them for a week or more I could see them getting old very fast. :beerchug:

I know they were pretty tasty during Hurricane Katrina.. but seriously I just pillaged them for the candy....

they were pretty good!

the newest generation MysteR-E r just amazing!

and for all u rain makers out there! the charms are GONE!!

ALOT of the meals r spanish/mexican themed!
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, i had some of the new ones before I went dormant..they got that bbq patty one pretty good, and the mexican style ones like the enchiladas are good when heated up...but you gotta love the old four fingers of death!!!!:rofl: and the chili mac with the ole "found a finger in it" legend......

LMAO!! the 4fingers of death were horrable!!

rule number one when enjoying the militaries finest dinning in a bag

NEVER claim a specific meal ur favorite! especially if its the nastiest one! had a polish kid from New York say ONE time... I love the beef frankferters! wear that dude came back to the hooch everyday to find his 2 meals for the next day were both beef killer fingers!!

they wernt that bad when heated! but no one will ever admit it!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Most of them aren't too bad. The fun thing is what you can make with the heater, a plastic bottle and water.:laugh:

oh god i remember the 4 fingers of death.....

nowadays the MREs arent that bad. but for those of us that can look at a pop tart and get fat, we just ate the main meal and gave the rest away.

lemon poppyseed cakes and jalapeno cheese FTW!

I never, ever, ever, ever...ever want to see, eat or smell a mother ****ing disgusting ode to death Meal Ready to Euthanize ever again!!! Ever!!!

The chow mein was the best and the egg omlet was the worst. The new are pretty good. When I first came in we had the MRE's in the dark brown bags then they went to the tan bags. It gives you a chance to be creative cause u have to be to eat most of them.

alot better than the old k-rations, thats for sure! and You can make a pretty mean popper with a couple of the heaters and a 2 liter bottle too!:laugh:

Back