Are HID’s still the best option for headlights

Apart from trimming the rubber boot a little, none. Need to follow the directions and make sure the units are mounted sideways for correct beam pattern. What they supply is designed to mimic a standard halogen type globe reflection.
As I mentioned, I have used them on my last few bikes. As I'm in Australia, they cost a fair amount to get them here, but there is nothing here available that is within the quality and performance

And with our crap roads and wandering nighttime wildlife, it's the best I have found without going auxiliary lights
Got the LEDs in. Low beam was disappointing, high beam is amazing. Good spread to the sides on the low beam though, definitely a plus. I need to level them out and get a good beam pattern. Question how did you attach the retaining clip? I cant figure out how to do it on the low beam. Also how did you trim the boot? how do I still keep it waterproof?

Got the LEDs in. Low beam was disappointing, high beam is amazing. Good spread to the sides on the low beam though, definitely a plus. I need to level them out and get a good beam pattern. Question how did you attach the retaining clip? I cant figure out how to do it on the low beam. Also how did you trim the boot? how do I still keep it waterproof?
If your kit is anything like mine, put the base on first and clamp down the retaining clip. Then insert the bulb assembly.

If your kit is anything like mine, put the base on first and clamp down the retaining clip. Then insert the bulb assembly.
Yeah I finally figured that out after looking at other motorcycles installation. Some instructions in the box would have been helpful. I had no idea the bulb and retaining ring separated. I'll probably do a write up. I can't be the only fool out there hahahaha.

Apologies, I have been away overseas for work and limited data coverage.

I can't remember at this moment, but when I'm back home in a couple of weeks, I'll check and grab a couple of pics and post here.
Apologise for delayed response.

Apologies, I have been away overseas for work and limited data coverage.

I can't remember at this moment, but when I'm back home in a couple of weeks, I'll check and grab a couple of pics and post here.
Apologise for delayed response.
No worries. For now I threaded the cable thru the boot and closed it up with electrical tape. Great light output btw. From the center lane I can light up all the way to the bushes on either side and easily over a 100 feet ahead. I'll see if I can get good pics to post. Never felt so safe riding fast on the highway whole looking out for deer.

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loloudoudara