Are HID’s still the best option for headlights

HID bulbs in factory headlight aren't very good.
An HID retrofit, with sealed projector housings installed into the factory headlight are very good.

Like this?

1532621864488.png

HID bulbs in factory headlight aren't very good.
An HID retrofit, with sealed projector housings installed into the factory headlight are very good.

I have HID in the Stock high beam location , and its super bright 5000K the white light , but what sucks is flash to pass is now useless due to the 10 second warm up time on the HID . It comes on , but gets BRIGHT slow . No issue if you starting of but need High beam quickly its not there . What I do like though is its brighter , and draws 12 less AMPS than the 65 watt stock bulb . Between all the LED ( low beam ) and every other change I have trimmed 80 watts off normal running . This is great as it lets me use heated jacket on medium setting drawing 55 watts , and my heated grips at 30 watt making for 85 watts used . So my Charging system is not being taxed at all .

Try an LED instead of HID

Or just buy a auxiliary lighting system from Clearwater and I guarantee you’ll never have problems with the dark, fog, or being seen from the moon again!!! :thumbsup:

Agree on the first point. I went with specialty LED bulbs and couldn't be more happier. I kept them down to around 4500k in temperature as i wanted usable light rather than the look. They're expensive, but work a treat. Have the same on my Boulevard to.

I would have loved HID's but as mentioned, you loose the instant on/off.

I can't wait to hear your take on the difference on those two, the neotec 11 is spoz to even beat out the Shuberth in quiet. The prob with the Scorp is they only have like two shell sizes (hence my kidding). ;>)

Agree on the first point. I went with specialty LED bulbs and couldn't be more happier. I kept them down to around 4500k in temperature as i wanted usable light rather than the look. They're expensive, but work a treat. Have the same on my Boulevard to.

I would have loved HID's but as mentioned, you loose the instant on/off.

Where did you get your LEDs? I can only find for the H7

Where did you get your LEDs? I can only find for the H7

I have got mine from cyclops adventure.
Have bought from them for the last 4 bikes. Quality is excellent. Service is tops.
The best led for my Boulevard. And if you order for the Hauabusa, you need to call them if you want both hi and low. As they have a specific kit for the Busa.
As I mentioned, not cheap, but the best I found.

Try an LED instead of HID

Or just buy a auxiliary lighting system from Clearwater and I guarantee you’ll never have problems with the dark, fog, or being seen from the moon again!!! :thumbsup:
absolutely.... I had to have my hids removed... they crapped out... Leds now....

I have got mine from cyclops adventure.
Have bought from them for the last 4 bikes. Quality is excellent. Service is tops.
The best led for my Boulevard. And if you order for the Hauabusa, you need to call them if you want both hi and low. As they have a specific kit for the Busa.
As I mentioned, not cheap, but the best I found.

Cool I'll give them a call. Did ya need to do any modifications to get them in? I hear some of the Led don't fit right.

Cool I'll give them a call. Did ya need to do any modifications to get them in? I hear some of the Led don't fit right.

Apart from trimming the rubber boot a little, none. Need to follow the directions and make sure the units are mounted sideways for correct beam pattern. What they supply is designed to mimic a standard halogen type globe reflection.
As I mentioned, I have used them on my last few bikes. As I'm in Australia, they cost a fair amount to get them here, but there is nothing here available that is within the quality and performance

And with our crap roads and wandering nightime wildlife, it's the best I have found without going auxiliary lights

Apart from trimming the rubber boot a little, none. Need to follow the directions and make sure the units are mounted sideways for correct beam pattern. What they supply is designed to mimic a standard halogen type globe reflection.
As I mentioned, I have used them on my last few bikes. As I'm in Australia, they cost a fair amount to get them here, but there is nothing here available that is within the quality and performance

And with our crap roads and wandering nightime wildlife, it's the best I have found without going auxiliary lights

I placed the order for the Leds. I will update once installed. Thx for the recommendation!

Back