Are HID’s still the best option for headlights

@fallenarch have you ever seen a bi-xenon projector retrofit in person? The wide spread plus distance I dont think can be beat.
No and I was not implying your setup is not a good one. I was referring to the typical efforts to stick something brighter in the OEM reflector. I don't like HIDs in stock reflectors, that's all I'm saying.

No and I was not implying your setup is not a good one. I was referring to the typical efforts to stick something brighter in the OEM reflector. I don't like HIDs in stock reflectors, that's all I'm saying.

Trust me I take no offense. I agree with you on HID in OEM housing can be arguably less safe. High beam becomes crazy angle and the low beams scatter is distracting to on coming cars.

Do you have any issues with your dash resetting with the hid's hooked up?? I couldn't keep my clock set and was near impossible to get the shift light set and when I did it might last a week or a day but it would eventually reset on me no matter if I used the starter button trick or not. A couple of times when I had both lights with hid's I accidentally hit the flash button and it caused it to reset while I was driving. I ended up going back to the stock bulb till I can find an led to try.
I had all kinds of crazy gauge behavior with a (150w :laugh: ) hid and a bad battery. I had my gauges start or stop working randomly, stick at a set speed or rpm (no officer, i was doing 35 on the freeway, see! :cool:), resetting clock and justing being erratic. All due to low voltage.

Isolated HIDs (switch or a relay like others said) and got a new battery. All was well.

Try during the day with HID lows out and just ride with highbeam on (assuming its not a HID too) or throw stock bulb in and test. Be sure the battery is good as that is a starter killer too.

Any links or info on the bulbs you used?? Any issue with getting them to fit in place?

Not a fan of refering others to aftermarket stuff from brands outside big names i trust. Go buy this and it fails and you die and we cry.

Read reviews, find stuff others have bought for a busa and use at your own risk.

This you will need for most H7 hids to fit in a busa, this seller has been soild for my orders: H7 HID Bulb Base Spacer Retainer Adapter for Mazda 3 5 6 Miata Mx-5 CX-7 Rx-8 | eBay

LEDs were a pain to fit in the lowbeam, because I didnt know you put the ring in and then the led. Not both assembled at the same time. Then i wasnt as impressed as hid in the same spot, so went back to hid low. Running a 50w ballast also on the right ram air tube. (Still on an external relayed switch)

For the highbeam led i choose one that had a small fan to fit easy, but there is alot of space in that area, so most should fit.

Trust me I take no offense. I agree with you on HID in OEM housing can be arguably less safe. High beam becomes crazy angle and the low beams scatter is distracting to on coming cars.
I noticed the scatter varies from brand to brand and led vs hid as well. Tested a few varieties. As soon as i posted the other day, i started digging into what goes into a retro. Many more options now as its common place for other makes and models. Time to pickup a headlight housing for a winter project! Content for now...

Back