Are all the plastic push pins all the same size?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I dropped one into the twilight zone. I want to buy
about a dozen, since while I was looking, I found
another place where a pin removed itself.

A internet store would be good. It's currently 2 degrees
outside, so I'm not in that big a hurry.

As far as I know, yes, they are all the same front under-nose and rear undertail. However, the two large ones on the inner fairings are of course much much larger. I'd like to find some place other than "Genuine Suzuki" to buy them.....

Yeah they are definately pricey. I needed the two large ones and it was almost $6 for the pair. Crazy.......

eek2.gif
Damn! I got over on the stealership then they charged me $0.25 a piece and I bought 12. They got my arse on the Amsoil though
crazy.gif
. 9.25 a quart, it was already rung up so I went ahead and paid.

I keep most oem suzuki clips and pins in stock got about 18 in stock at the moment.

Thanks Tinman and Grif.

I will try the local stealership.
I haven't been in there since I moved to Idaho Falls, I only
saw the sign (Suzuki-Honda-Yamaha). If they seem
reasonable, I'll give them a shot. Otherwise, I'll order from
the link that Tinman gave.

I need to check them out, since I need to find a place that
can work on my bike. It's nice being in a small town, but
it does have its disadvantages.

I always think of you guys first. It's nice to have an online
group that can give you unbiased advice! I really will buy about a dozen. I'll post when I get them, and you guys can "borrow" from me.

(GoldenChild @ Jan. 09 2007,20:25) I keep most oem suzuki clips and pins in stock got about 18 in stock at the moment.
Oops! Missed you Golden. How much for 6,
and how do I pay?

OK, I went and ordered a dozen from Ron
Ayers. If you need one let me know. The
shipping was almost as much as the pins.

Guys believe it or not I got some at Lowes. No I am not drinking. They do not look exactly the same. The head is a little different, but who cares, noone can see them. They are really cheap. A heck of a lot cheaper than stealership. They are near screws in a pull out bin. They do come in a bunch of sizes there so bring one in to make sure it is right size

(Fate @ Jan. 09 2007,23:19) Guys believe it or not I got some at Lowes. No I am not drinking. They do not look exactly the same. The head is a little different, but who cares, noone can see them. They are really cheap. A heck of a lot cheaper than stealership. They are near screws in a pull out bin. They do come in a bunch of sizes there so bring one in to make sure it is right size
Ya beat me to it! I believe AutoZone or other auto parts stores carry them as well. Slightly larger size but doesn't stop their use.

--Wag--

I did not find them at Autozone when I looked but did at................Crap, can't think of the name of the place..... They were not as cheap as Lowes though. I think they were like 5 or 10 cents. something really cheap compared to the stealership. This Auto parts place had the turn signal bulbs for an 06 too that I could not find anywhere either. Stealershop was going to have to order and could have taken atleadt 7 days. I think it was Advance Auto Parts.

I've tried some of the ones from auto zone but that little voice in the back of my head is a perfectionist and demands that I use OEM pins even though I'm the only one that will know.

(tinmann @ Jan. 10 2007,06:02) I've tried some of the ones from auto zone but that little voice in the back of my head is a perfectionist and demands that I use OEM pins even though I'm the only one that will know.
So you have no aftermarket parts on your bike? your bike is 100% stock?
smile.gif

(Fate @ Jan. 09 2007,22:19) Guys believe it or not I got some at Lowes. No I am not drinking. They do not look exactly the same. The head is a little different, but who cares, noone can see them. They are really cheap. A heck of a lot cheaper than stealership. They are near screws in a pull out bin. They do come in a bunch of sizes there so bring one in to make sure it is right size
OK. I bought a dozen from RonAyers. They
shipped a non-Suzuki brand and they are
shorter than the stock ones. They work
where the thickness of the two surfaces isn't
big, but not where there are two thick pieces
to be joined.

I'm off to Lowes with a sample pin before I
screw up the ones I have left.

Back