Are 330 OSD kits reliable?

busaguy11

Registered
I am currently lookin to get a 330 wide tire kit, but i havent heard anything good about jackshafts so I want to go with the OSD kit. I know everyone is sayin that OSD kits are the best but has anyone heard or had any problems with theirs?

when they first came out, there was a problem with bearings in the sprocket support. That has long since been fixed... Have heard nor seen any complaints about OSD except be little careful when backing up. Tend to hit your ankle on peg due to sticking out further..

Well I know im gonna lose horsepower and handling but im more for just cruising now and i think they look awesome with a 330 kit on them, to each his own i guess

As far as "reliability" goes our fellow member "bigrod" above (i know him from another site) converted his former Busa "the Mullet" from twin drive to OSD and hammered it down dragstrip. ..... on personal note, great to see you posting Bigrod we miss ya bro.

Yeah you put a tire that size on your busa you mite as well make it a trailer queen cause i wouldnt trust it outside of putting around the city and trying to get noticed :whistle:

not quite! i roll a 330 osd set up and im always on the, just did a 5 hour trip to dallas a few weeks ago for the bikers round-up. suspension set-up is the key i think for a comfortable ride, at first i just had it lowered to give it that stance but my cornering was limited so i went with a tricky air ride set up now im good. so to each is own in other words, you can bar hop and do bike nites but you can also do some hard riding and mild curves but you will look better doing it! :laugh:

Back