Arata Exhaust

ralnsplder

Registered
Just curious if anyone on here has either used or heard good or bad things about Arata exhaust. The full Ti systems go for about $1200.

Just wanted so input from the pros befor I looked any further.

just read a write-up on that company in this months cycle world. they were doing a comparo on slip ons for an r6. they said it was a newer japanese company, with good build quality. as far as dyno numbers they were on par with the other top maufacturers. i would assume it would be a descent setup for the busa as well, depending on price.

Performance of an exhaust from bike-to-bike is different. Too many variables to consider. Unless you've seen a TRUE dyno on a before/after run on a Busa, then I would say don't waste your money just yet. There are many other PROVEN exhausts out there for the Busa. If it's strictly Titanium you're looking for then just about all your other top brands will have them.

Brian

Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks, or $1200 in this case...
biggrin.gif

Well the man selling them at his shop owns a busa and says it was what he run on his befor he installed a turbo. He said you get about a 10-12 hp gain and that if i buy it he has a dyno and will prove it, It actually sells Akro too but still recommended the Arata. He said you get a little more topend form the Akro but not the $400 difference in price worth. He also did say that the company has been around in Japan for awhile but only selling in states for about year and a half to 2 yrs. Thanks for the advie though, I look forward to anymore replies from anyone else that knows about them. The more info the better. Thanks guys

I ve had one for more than a year. Its excelent. I got the power. I dynoed the bike a couple of months ago. 158. I think I had high 140s before the pipe as a new 2003. On an eddy current dyno at factorypro.com I had 136 before and 146 after. I love the pipe for the power it delivers. If I had the money for the ti yoshimura I would like to test that one also. They were 1800 last time I looked.
I lost 30 lbs when I installed the pipe. I am now getting the BST carbon fiber wheels and that will save anouther 30 lbs. Next is the CF tank. I wish I could get a carbon swingarm, subframe, and front upper frame.

Effective HP and less weight deep in the corners is what Im looking for.

Power delivery is nice from 2500 up. the wheel come up around 4500 to 5000 at 45+ and no bouncing the front wheel. I would suggest the pc3 w usb. I reprogramed the bikes computer at factor pro but I found out that my air fuel mixture is way out of wack around 2000 rpms. I plan to get the pc 3 usb. The guys at hair racing explained that they can clean up the air fuel mix. I might even get a hourse or two.

Nice looking pipe.:cool:

PS I got mine for 950 at factory pro
sweet, thanks for the info I will look into that, also what other mods have you done? If you have a mapp made for it and we have similar mods, I would be willing to shoot ya some $ for the mapp, I know that it won't work perfect on my system due to location but it will give me something to work with. I need to get the system first though. will probably get it around 1st of year.

Back