Arai Astral vs Signet

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
I have a Signet and love it but its not as tight as id like it to be. I hear the Astral might be a better fit for my head.

Does anyone here know the differences between these beside the fact that the Astral has 5mm thicker checkpads?

Actually id like to find a chart on Arai helmet shapes and what works best for certain head shapes...ive looked but to no avail. I have had an Arai rep go over it with me once but I forgot.

thanks

I have an Astral and I love the fit. I believe that the signet is for longer narrower head and the Astral , RX-7 are geared towards us egg heads. One thing I've found out about the Signet is that it is hard to find replacement visors for them.

Just got a RX-7 Corsair yesterday, initial feelings are a good fit, great airflow, a bit more noisey than my RF-900 Shoei.

DSCI0020.JPG

Thanks Nickname, that is what I needed...so the Astral bridges the gap between the round and oval...its probably
just their basic helmet in other words.
I think I was told the RX-7 is the same shape..inbetween a round and oval.

Nice helmet NJ, id love a Corsair but they are $$....Signets m Quatums and Astrals can be had on Ebay for cheap.
What year and model is that Arai? What color is your Busa?

Ive seen brand new Arais go for $125!!

There is no excuse to buy a cheap helmet when you can get an Arai or Shoei on Ebay for a great price.

I got my Arai Signet on Ebay a little more than a year ago for $105 , it came in absolutely mint condition and with
a dark visor.
BTW Arai's dark visors kick ass, mine is so dark youd think I cannot see thru it , however its a two way design so its
lighter on my side.
smile.gif

I have 2 hours left to decide of I want a brand new Astral for $156 +$15 shipping.

I really like the 05' Ice Red Astral , if money was not an issue I know Id probably go for that one.

Thanks Nickname, that is what I needed...so the Astral bridges the gap between the round and oval...its probably

Nice helmet NJ, id love a Corsair but they are $$....Signets m Quatums and Astrals can be had on Ebay for cheap.
What year and model is that Arai?  What color is your Busa?

There is no excuse to buy a cheap helmet when you can get an Arai or Shoei on Ebay for a great price.

I got my Arai Signet on Ebay a little more than a year ago for $105 , it came in absolutely mint condition and with
a dark visor.
BTW Arai's dark visors kick ass, mine is so dark youd think I cannot see thru it , however its a two way design so its
lighter on my side.
smile.gif

I have 2 hours left to decide of I want a brand new Astral for $156 +$15 shipping.  

I really like the 05' Ice Red Astral , if money was not an issue I know Id probably go for that one.
My bike is close to the same colors as Pats from sh.org, the helmet doesnt really match the bike, I dont care,I'm after quality, features, and High Visibility! This is the most expensive helmet I have besides the AXO RR6,I think they are neck and neck,I'm still waiting for my Shoei X-11.What I will say in comparing the RF-900 with the Arai Corsair is: Both fit me extremely well, where the corsair shines is ventilation! This thing flows and cools well,the shoei is on the hot side.NJ.

Got it, wow what a great fit!! I am very pleased!

Its nice and tight without being uncomfortable...I cannot wait to do a few high speed runs with it to see how the aero's are.

It was brand new and never used and I can tell, plus I got a tinted visor..all for $175 shipped , this is definatly one of the better auctions I have won over the years.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118504574 -->

What year and model is that Arai?  What color is your Busa?

a dark visor.
lighter on my side.
smile.gif

My bike is close to the same colors as Pats from sh.org, the helmet doesnt really match the bike, I dont care,I'm after quality, features, and High Visibility! This is the most expensive helmet I have besides the AXO RR6,I think they are neck and neck,I'm still waiting for my Shoei X-11.What I will say in comparing the RF-900 with the Arai Corsair is: Both fit me extremely well, where the corsair shines is ventilation! This thing flows and cools well,the shoei is on the hot side.NJ.
There is enough ventalation on this Astral for sure, I think around 8 inlets and outlets for air!
smile.gif

Ive tried on a Shoei RF-900 before and it just did not feel right..the first time I tried on an Arai was a few years ago @ a bike dealership...it killed me to have to walk out of that store without it...id never put a helmet on that felt so good and fitted so good. Arai's just seem to fit me just right, my Signet fits really well but ive gotten pickier and the Astral fits the bill perfectly.

smile.gif

Bentvalve, thats a nice lid! Cant believe you got it for what you did,what does it reatil for? I'll have to start watching Ebay more closely.NJ.:)

your looks good, & matches good.
I just bought a new (in box from a dealer) Signet GTR 3XL for $199 off Ebay. He didnt have any color's to match my LE, (but honestly Arai doesnt make a Signet that I think would match good)
So I want to have it custom painted anyway, so It worked out. darn good price !!
I'll post some pics after I have it painted

Back