AR Drone 2.0 200+ ft high

I have the same drone but haven't taken it that high up yet. I keep thinking it will loose connection & fall on the neighbors house lol. I fly it in my house more than I do outside. I'm fortunate that I have several batteries for it as they don't seem to last very long..

I have the same drone but haven't taken it that high up yet. I keep thinking it will loose connection & fall on the neighbors house lol. I fly it in my house more than I do outside. I'm fortunate that I have several batteries for it as they don't seem to last very long..

I don't fly with my iPhone anymore, I went to the macgyver mod. Now I have a 2.4 digital controller and have control up to 800ft

http://www.macdrones.com/drone2.html

Have you seen my lights?

http://youtu.be/NFcDGR5u444

That is cool! You can almost see the curve of the Earth!

It's the wide angle lens causing the curve.

I fly FPV ... radio is a 9X with frSky module, so range is around 2-3 miles. The major part of running frSky beside the extended range is the failsafes. Otherwise once it goes out of range, it'll keep going, or drop from the sky.

Here's a first time out with the DJI F330 in 15 mph winds:

I've got a 720p camera with 120degree lens I need to try out. Here's a [URL="
test[/URL] run with it. Building a h-frame first. Maybe next week I'll have the motors/esc/fc in and installed.

I'm running 4S batts with stick scaling at 46%, which means at max throttle on the TX, it's still running less than half the available power. I've had it higher, but the power is overwhelming and it's easy to fly into objects since it accelerates so quickly.

These multicopters are so fun... makes the old days of running around with nitro RC cars seem bland and boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
my little quad and case:
mqx fpv - YouTube[/url]
MQX FPV ground station case - YouTube[/url]

BTW I have an AR drone also :)

Here's my H-quad I'm building. It's about 26" edge to edge. 330 grams. The wide platform is specifically for FPV flying. Should get the hardware and electronics to mount on it this week.

It's made from towel racks... my friends keep asking me what the towel capacity it has.

Back