Apple Os5. Do I really need this?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
So I guess Operating System 5 for the Apple family of devices and Pc came out. Has anyone done the update? I've read a little about icloud which instantly pushes pics and other data from whichever device you are using to all others. But I've got a Windows Pc and a Dell laptop. I don't think icloud will work with my Pc or laptop so what else does Os5 do? I'm hesitant to upgrade to Os5 because there has been one or two times that I wished I hadn't done it. So what say y'all? Is Os5 gonna make my phone that much better?

I'm loving the update. Finally able to change the tones of email :). I also enjoy the free text and pic text between iPhones. Most of my friends use Iphones. 200 some new features and I have been happy with everything so far. Also we all used mobile me so having it free under iCloud is nice but I need to learn it. Not sure on the PC stuff but I really like the update.

A friend of mine here at work keeps talking dirty to Siri. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I did not know you got Siri with the update; thought it was only exclusive to the 4s! I'm still gonna hold on to my 4.3.3 untethered jailbreak though.

Recommend separate download install later. Im on os5 now

I've read a little about icloud which instantly pushes pics and other data from whichever device you are using to all others. But I've got a Windows Pc and a Dell laptop. I don't think icloud will work with my Pc or laptop so what else does Os5 do?

iCloud has windows desktop application.

I have an IPhone 4 and did the IOS 5 update and I don't have SIRI . The only phone right now that can handle SIRI is the new 4S .

I love the update, especially the free text and mms between iPhone users! It's Blackberry without the crashes!

I highly recommend the update... here is what I have found so far:

The notifications are cool, and you have the option of getting the new notifications or the old pop ups. With the notification center, you just swipe down on any screen and it takes you to the notifications. What is very cool is that you can still set which apps you get notifications about.

New camera stuff. two biggies - you can now use the volume up button for a remote shutter and you can go to the camera direct from the lock screen, by duoble tapping the button, you get the unlock screen that now has a camera button on it. I was very upset at first, because I couldn't get my zoom to come up, but they have changed it to a pinching motion... i think this is because, where you used to just sort of push the screen for zoom, now that motion activates autofocus.

imessage- I wasn't a huge fan until...
Imessage is free messaging between iphone users. Remember that IOS5 is compatible backwards to 3GS. I don't think it is limited to phone companies~ so no texting rates! I have unlimited texting and that makes my cellphone bill drop, so this isn't a biggie for me, but to some? Also, I had used facetime before, but wasn't a huge fan... it just didn't seem to work all that well. After I upgraded, Omar sent me a message and we ending up talking via facetime... for about a half hour. No problems, lag or connection issues.

Also with OS5 - you can sync your iphone/ipad/ipod touch via wifi instead of having to plug it in... and the phone is available while syncing; no more sync in progress lock!

I am sure there is more stuff than that, but that is what I have found so far... I recommend it!

Last edited:
Until the jail break comes out I am fine the way I am..... If it isn't jail broke it's not worth having (IMO)

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know a lot of people who have jailbroken thier phones, but I have no idea what it is or does... is it really that much better?

I think it is.. it cut the ties with itunes and can let you put after market apps on your phone... it really depends on the person I guess

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Back