Apparent clutch issues

slugsgomoo

Registered
So I've been having some odd vibration issues, and I'm pretty sure it's the clutch at this point.

The real question is, if I order a set of discs & floater plates, and springs, I am pretty sure I am going to want to replace the clutch release bearing as discussed here

My question, since I don't have access to a manual at the moment, is do I need to replace the basket if I replace that bearing? what other parts do I need, aside from the gasket & whatnot.

get hold of Khandyredbusa he has a full clutch setup he did not need... $160 (a steal)

Are the fingers on your clutch basket grooved any? Unless there's another wear area on a Busa basket I don't know about (very possible), the rule is, if the fingers are still smooth your ok, but if they are starting to show some notches, then it's replace time. If the notches get too deep your clutch won't want to release all the way, making it want to pull forward when your holding the clutch in while in gear. This was always an issue with dirt bikes, about every other clutch rebuild would require a new basket unless you used a Barnett which had steel fingers instead of the stocker's aluminum.
Hope this helps.

i haven't pulled it out yet at this point. It just has a wicked vibration especially at lower to mid rpm. (moving/notmoving/is irrelevant). At this point I can rip on the throttle holding the clutch in in 1st gear and the bike doesn't move, and the clutch isn't slipping either, as far as I can tell.

I'm leaning towards clutch release bearing woes, but like I said, that's just a semi-educated guess.

Back