Apex 6 Wheels weight vs stock video ;)

a half ounce / 1.2 ounce rear is a a lot of weight ? No that is not bad at all two squares equal a 1/4 ounce .
Dude I'm getting so old. Never noticed them.

:poke:
I think everyone here knows these wheels are the first to be released and that any more orders would be
about four weeks out. With this in mind, POWERHOUSE has a set of Apex 6 wheels in black (#19) for a
Gen 2 Busa, ready to ship out today for anybody not wanting to wait . . . after that, it will be a month before
we see more . . .
Just like to point out I had the first pictures on the Org, right c10 :poke:

Seriously gentlemen, thanks to c10 for finding the story on these and getting us onboard and thanks again Frank for making it happen!

I would have spun the tire on the rim,,, that is a lot of weight!
Maybe to you it is . My stock rear wheel took 1.5 every time in the same place no mater the tire position.
What does that mean ? its the wheel its self . Even played with cush drive positions with a final red paint marking to always be in the same place . For the last 15 years since the average weight that my or friends wheels have taken on a rear has typically been at least 1 ounce . Been a few rare cases of zero weight , and a few with 2 oz . The higher weight was typically off brand tires like shinko .
I bet if you walk a new showroom floor you will take weight readings of all new bikes , and come up with a average of 1 ounce . If you want to take the time to break the bead again , spin tire 180 degrees , and seat it .
Then that is great . Personally its just a waste of my time to save a possible 1/4 ounce ??

Back in my Discount tire days We did this for Off Road tires , and it helped some , but they still took a fair amount of weight .

I think everyone here knows these wheels are the first to be released and that any more orders would be
about four weeks out. With this in mind, POWERHOUSE has a set of Apex 6 wheels in black (#19) for a
Gen 2 Busa, ready to ship out today for anybody not wanting to wait . . . after that, it will be a month before
we see more . . .
Set # 19 spoken for . My brother Chuck saw mine / picked them up . One call to Frank today , and another set off to Houston Texas .

I showed my wife your pictures and videos and her response was atypical of a wife "you have wheels so why do you need other ones?"

That was pretty much the end of that conversation...looks like I am living vicariously through others.
If "having wheels already" is the only impediment to new ones, next winter yours may get lost.....

Buy the wheels and tell her " Those are the some wheels its always had":rolleyes:
If "having wheels already" is the only impediment to new ones, next winter yours may get lost.....
Sadly, my wife is at least as smart as I am..she keeps on top of things and has been around my bikes as well as my shenanigans for many, many years.

I'm pretty happy with my bike as it sits really...a set of uber light rims would be wasted on me,

Sadly, my wife is at least as smart as I am..she keeps on top of things and has been around my bikes as well as my shenanigans for many, many years.

I'm pretty happy with my bike as it sits really...a set of uber light rims would be wasted on me,

Sorry about the misspelling......I'm a product of the Leander Texas educational system :D

Back