Anyone Worked Out Gear Ratio's ?

Rivercop UK

Registered
Just been looking into gearing ratio's for the Gen2 for the magic 200mph ... Tried using the gearing calculators but not having much luck.

From what I have found, going -1 rear should give the bike about 6mph extra top speed without sacrificing too much grunt which should put it around the mark. Going -2 would require a new chain but should gear enough to hit the 200mph.

Anyone with any more scientific research out there ?

A -2 rear (41 tooth), and that will work with the stock chain.
Or stock sprockets and a 55 series rear tire (it's taller).
Exact tire height varies by manufacturer.
Got-Busa? Can tell you whatever you need to know about Land Speed Racing .
Pm him

The only reason I would need a new chain is with -2 it would be getting close to the end of the adjusters travel.

So a 55 section tyre would be the same as going -1 ?

Lol,
As far as I know the 55 series is all that is needed.
However, I have never done 200mph.
But with a several mile stretch, slight downhill, ecu flash, full akropovic, bmc filter, blah, blah, 50 series(Q2s)and stock18/43 gearing.
I have gps'd 197mph.

there are several ways but the most important part on the gear calculator is measuring the circumference and the do not forget about wheel spin. on the street where you have miles to get there spin is not a problem but in a standing start fixed distance it is at 6 psi of boost I say over 7 mph of spin.

So if you are going to a smaller sprocket why can't you buy a master link and cut the chain down?

I don't want to go down too much on the sprockets as I don't want to dull the acceleration too much .... I think the Elvington Top Speed flying mile course is 1.3 miles including the standing start.

Other Busa's all seem to be getting into the early 190's (other than the Turbo lot). So its a balance between 200mph gearing, and not buggering the acceleration to hit the 200 within the mile.

UK what I am saying is at peak HP you have to be at 200 with the gearing. that is all you do. just because you rev to 12.5 rpm doesn't mean you are making power there.you may lose 20 hp

I run the stock 18 gear in front, And 40 in the rear. I tried a vortex front but it was so noisy that i went back to the stock gear. So with my pacemaker i feel and hear every little noise. with my tune up i would never go back to the stock gearing.
I love the 85 in first with no wheelies it is a joy to ride and get after it any time i want. No flat areas just runs. You never have to worry about the front jumping up just the people in front. It is a very different power curve. The bike accelerates with less wrist and is a pleasure to ride.

Back