anyone who owns a black and grey busa please read and reply

OB_mjtobler

Registered
i've got the black/grey. after every ride, i use PLAIN water to remove road silt and bugs. NEVER, EVER use dishwasher soap (even the liquid ones) - if you must use soap, use the type designed for automotive finishes.

i use a plastic cleaner/finish spray to put the final touches on the plastic pieces. i use a leather cleaner/polish on the tank bra and pillion seat. i bought the gel seat from suzuki, which has a carbon-fibre inlay on it, so i just wash that with plain water.

what's exposed of the tank (because of tank bra), i use maguire's soft paste (very, very little), using the applicator. then i follow up the whole bike using a polishing cloth (lintless, leaves no scratches, designed for polishing).

on the wheels, when they get a little grimey from the road and from the chain-spray, i use "go-jo" hand cleaner - it really cuts the grease fast (keep it away from the chain).

ps - i hear the 2000 is gonna pump 180hp and is dropped in weight about 60lbs?!?

happy riding ...

I rinse with water, and finish up with MeGuire's Clear Plastic cleaner on all painted surfaces. For the tires and rims I use Dawn-it burns away grease and road crap.

Bert Branson
The L.A. Hayabusas

PS: Hey Duc, do you use an old diaper to spread on that Pledge?? (HA!)

Are the colors diffenet for canada ?
US: blue/sliver red/silver
CANADA: ? ?

just curious if they are still offering black elsewhere other than the US.

I live on gravel roads and clean it with windex and diapers and I've polished with pledge twice. 8200 miles and I'm sitting here looking at it out the window, and it looks beeutiful.

I use windex. It cuts through bugs great. I have have the same issue with swirls etc.
I expect a totally black clear finish but you put the bike in the sun and you can see swirls. You can't see them on cloudy days or in a garage. I haven't tried pledge! That's interesting. I'll give it a shot.

While in college I had an auto detail business, and I found that the best wax out is Zymol. It's a natural wax made with carnuba beans, banana and coconut extract, bees wax and vitamin E, along with some other things. It leaves an awsome shine.
P

I'm thinking about buying the (Canadian)2000 black and grey model, but was wondering how to wash and keep care of the black colour. What I mean is that alot of black cars, trucks and bikes show swirls and scratches easier because their black, and on a bright sunny day it looks like crap when your looking at it. Have any of you black busa owners run into this problem or if not how do you avoid this problem what technic do you use to wash, wax and care for the black paint.

thanks in advance, maniac

Maniac, I've got the black one, and I've had no troubles like the ones you are describing.

I HAVE had those troubles on black cars, though. It's because you have to put cars through car washes and because even at home you're stuck with using soap, brushes and stuff.

All my Busa ever gets is a wipe down and polish on all surfaces including the windscreen after every ride with a silicone based spray cleaner. It takes bugs off, hides minor scratches and looks like fresh wax. "Wet Look" is the kind I use, but there's a ton of'em.

I buy used cloth diapers in bulk for cleaning rags because they absorb great, buff great and leave no lint or scratches.

Bottom line...no troubles at all. Paint is still factory good after 13,000 high speed kilometers.

I have a black /gray Busa and I don't have any problem with swirl marks. After each ride I take a warm wet towel to get the bug juice off the front of the Busa. Then I wipe it dry and use a spray quick detealing wax on the windshield and all of the painted serfices. This wax comes off easy and does not leave white wax in the cracks of the covers. The finish on my Busa is real good and the Busa looks as good as new. I have had nothing but compliments on my black gray Busa.

I have some swirlies on my black/grey paint, but probably cause I used a rough dry terrycloth towel to wipe the front once. It's frustrating but seems unavoidable with black paint, unless you're super careful. It's not noticeable unless you look in full daylight, fortunately.

Anyone getting the blue/silver Y2K model wanna trade for black/grey?

CS27 will remove any swirls in the black and Zymol will keep it from happening again. I live on a dirt road too and have no prob keepin the black Falcon looking sweet. To clean the wheels I use WD40 (wiped on with a cloth diaper not sprayed)and wiped dry. This keeps any grime from even sticking to them and makes wiping them easy. Good luck

Plexus spray cleaner and the S100 products.
Oh yeah the bike is Copper, sorry.

I had a black bike before, Black just is a pain in the butt to keep clean. The Copper looks clean even with lots of bug splatter.

Plexus is great for your helmet visors and it is also good to clean off the bug blood.

No swirls, no worries. 4000 miles. I do not ride in rain though.
Never wash bike with soap and water.
Wipe before EVERY ride and use pro Honda spray cleaner and polish with SOFT cotton clean cotton only. Puts S100 products to shame. If bugs/grime is heavy I use Harley Davidson's Quick detailer, which is more liquid than wax.
I also used a 3 step Meguire cleaner/polish/hard carnuba wax when bike was brand new.
Nothing looks better, in my opinion, than the Classic Look of Black/Grey--The other colors look like carnival items. But, color is Total opinion and individual preference.
Bob

Back