Anyone want to talk shop/garage flooring....?

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
Trying to get some ideas together for a garage floor. I always thought I was going to have it acid washed and painted but have heard good/bad with it.

Anyone have any experience with the different types...?

Do I want the epoxy (more like paint) or is the stained concrete a better way to go...?

Examples:
golden-wheat-final-touch-concrete-inc_10581.jpg

grey-polished-yezco-concrete-polishing_1090.jpg

steel-polished-surfacing-solutions_1080.jpg

UGF035.jpg

gal1.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

UGF038.jpg

Car.jpg

Does anyone have or used this stuff and prefer one over the other... :beerchug:

my grages looks like that last picture... it has only had the wifes lil pony on it since febuary when we bought the house. Her brother did it for me it was cheap and holds up well with her car. I cannot remember what it was called to save my life.

I painted mine with epoxy.

Staining should be better if it holds up and penetrates through? not sure about chemical spill on stain tough?

Camaro 005 (Small) (2).jpg

Blue Haya.... Great looking camaro!! I got like 5 dollars if you ever want to get rid of her! Been wanting to build one since I was 14!

Nice Ford GT! :drool:

I wouldn't mind having that! Besides, I owe someone one :whistle:

I've heard people say that the epoxy/paint peals up where the tires park over time. Anyone have any trouble with the paint/epoxy coming off...?

I used the Epoxy kit they sell at Lowes and it worked real well, looks good. The tricks are no oil impregnated in the floor, and the floor must be sealed with a barrier underneath, so now moisture comes through. If those conditions are met, it is a very tough durable coating, with a great finish.

Mine was also done with a kit from Lowes and looks like the last picture.... Easy to do and way easy to clean up! Plus, it looks great... Can't park anything on them for a week after you do this however FYI.

I was just looking into some rubber mats at lowes that lock together like a puzzle peice.

Think maybe I might try that and make a checker board effect. If I remember correctly they were 2 ft squares.

I can only speak for the epoxy. It all comes down to the prep work. If you skimp on it then it'll peel. Do it right the first time and you'll have years of hassle free maintenance with no peeling. :beerchug:

I was just looking into some rubber mats at lowes that lock together like a puzzle peice.

Think maybe I might try that and make a checker board effect. If I remember correctly they were 2 ft squares.

You can get the rubber mats that look like chrome checker plate steel and black.That would look awesome. Would they stand up to gun wash,varsol,or a 5 ton jack lifting a car or truck...I dunno.??? I wanted the checkered look,so I bought 500 blk&wht "peel and stick" tiles for 40 cents each.That was 3 or 4 yrs ago,they are looking tired and scuffed now,but have stood up to chems and jacks etc.

Now I think I will try the Rubbah mats too. :thumbsup:

RSD.

I have the epoxy. works great . It would be possible to touch up if you did manage to scratch it. the stain...i dont know.

You can get the rubber mats that look like chrome checker plate steel and black.That would look awesome. Would they stand up to gun wash,varsol,or a 5 ton jack lifting a car or truck...I dunno.??? I wanted the checkered look,so I bought 500 blk&wht "peel and stick" tiles for 40 cents each.That was 3 or 4 yrs ago,they are looking tired and scuffed now,but have stood up to chems and jacks etc.

Now I think I will try the Rubbah mats too. :thumbsup:

RSD.

Hey you go bro....
RaceDeck® Flooring System - Commercial Floor Applications

there are a couple different epoxy coatings one or two part systems behr makes a pretty good one part system that a lot of shops use but it's all in the prep just like any paint job. The stained flooring looks pretty nice though. I've used the two part epoxy from home depot holds up pretty well prep was the key.

I can only speak for the epoxy. It all comes down to the prep work. If you skimp on it then it'll peel. Do it right the first time and you'll have years of hassle free maintenance with no peeling. :beerchug:

What kind of an acid or cleaner, etc. do I need to use on the floor before applying the epoxy...?

Anyone have a how-to-site on doing this PROPERLY...? I want to do it right the first time so it lasts for many years. :thumbsup:

the epoxy you buy should tell you on the package or on the drum what to use and how to prep. Mine came as a kit it included the prep stuff.

Back