Anyone using the GSX-R1000 Exhaust?

Rip777s

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone used the 2009 GSX-R1000 exhaust cans on the Gen2?

Seems that I have seen some pictures where it looks like these or the 750 exhaust were used.

Wondering pros & cons.

if you mean something like this they are cut down stockers.

IMG_0371.jpg

007.jpg

Nope...haven't seen anyone w/ that set-up. They are very similar, if not identical (never measured the Gixxers exhaust) so I'm not sure why you would want to?
What would you gain???

No thats not what he's talking about. I remember someone that used a GSXR 600 exhaust can on a busa, singlesided. Hopefully someone can post it for him. I would look for it but I'm wasting company money now.:rulez:

No thats not what he's talking about. I remember someone that used a GSXR 600 exhaust can on a busa, singlesided. Hopefully someone can post it for him. I would look for it but I'm wasting company money now.:rulez:

While your wasting "company" money throw some my way.

If you're referring to the 2009 GSXR1K pipes, they won't work. First, the can is not a slip-on type. It has molded mid-pipes that connect directly to the catalytic converter, like Micron GP Sports. The inlet fittings are both too small to connect to the Busa. The outlets are too small to flow enough exhaust gas.

I have Micron GP's on mine. They look like they were designed just for the Busa. I get lots of compliments about them.

DougsBusa_GelSeat.JPG

Last edited:
I think he means like this..... I always wondered whos bike this was and what the fitment was like.

IMG00069-20090729-1718.jpg

I put the 07 1000 cans on mine but had to make adapters. Got scared of the back pressure and took them off. I liked the looks and sound. At least they weren't as big as the stock ones. The left adapter was a true pain in the but but the right went on quite easily.

Man, now that is sweet looking!

that is dead sexy:beerchug:

Indeed! Looks great.

But unless looks is all you care about....i still have to ask "why?"

Your just replacing your stock, OEM restricted, heavy ass cans for another stock, OEM restricted, heavy ass can.

Why not get an aftermarket system that will you feel a noticeable difference from, power & weight wise? My $0.02

Indeed! Looks great.

But unless looks is all you care about....i still have to ask "why?"

Your just replacing your stock, OEM restricted, heavy ass cans for another stock, OEM restricted, heavy ass can.

Why not get an aftermarket system that will you feel a noticeable difference from, power & weight wise? My $0.02
Money.:thumbsup:

I run Yosh on my Gen II but I love to see folks come up with cool ideas and new ways of making stock parts...work!

Thanks for all the input.

Why? Smaller, lighter, and looks. I love the looks of the Micron GP Sidewinders. Same sweeping look as the 2009 GSXR1000 exhaust. I don't want louder.

As far as fitment, yes the molded midpipe is not long enough so I will need adapters with the right bend to get the right length.

Anyone know where I can get the numbers on the exhaust flow? I don't want to increase the back pressure. How can I check this?

This is for a Gen1, but I did it. Just had a piece of pipe welded on the end and I can swap it out with my shorty Yoshi pipe at any time. :) I know it's backwards, lost HP, etc... It was all for looks, it's plenty fast enough for me. :) Also added header wrap and SS zip ties to make it look better... Oddly enough, Mienkie did the welding.

SNC10743.jpg

SNC13203.jpg

Back