Anyone using an Oil Filter Adapter ??

you probably could swap out the fitting. It would be a PITA though. Trying to do this without pulling the exhaust off would make it a major PITA. You don't have to use a "Suzuki" filter, there are other brands available. What's wrong with your current oil filter?

just curious what filters could be used with the adapter that'll still fit within the same dimensions as a stock filter?

I use a Napa filter. Shoot me a pm if you want me to look up the part number, I think I still have it at home.

Wanted to know if anyone is using an oil filter adapter such as that found at this link

Bales Technical Service Oil Filter Adaptor

this allows for greater filter choices by using a standard thread pattern.

my question is whether the stock oil filter nipple can be removed from a Gen I 'Busa without pulling the exhaust ??

No, I have not used it and do not know of anyone that does...with so many different brands of filters available for the Busa...why would you want this ???
Posted via Mobile Device

I use a Napa filter. Shoot me a pm if you want me to look up the part number, I think I still have it at home.

The Napa oil filter is made by Wix... :thumbsup:

#'s are...

Napa 1359
Wix 51359
Posted via Mobile Device

I assume most of you are familiar with this site where this guy basically cuts open the filters and reports how they are made.
Motorcycle Oil Filter Comparison

based on his direct observations he doesn't seem too impressed with any of the filters that fit Suzukis, which all have the same unique thread. the adapter would open up a lot of options since virtually every other vehicle uses the same, "standard" thread.

I was ready to use the NAPA/Wix filter because he liked other filters from this source but he doesn't speak favorably of the NAPA/WIX filter for the hayabusa. I'm using the K&N on my 'busa simply because I can change the oil without pulling the skin yet the K&N isn't a great filter according to him.

one of this guy's favorite filters is the $2.00, yes, you read that right, $2.00 Walmart Supertech ST7317 which fortunately fits my 1800 VTX.

I know that guys are pretty passionate about oil and filters. Not trying to start a flame war, just wanted an idea of whether the adapter would make sense for the 'busa. I'm not interested in pulling the pipes to put this adapter in though and I'm pretty sure that would be necessary.

if you scroll down at the link I posted in my last message you'll see that he's impressed with the Pure One Filter for Honda.

is there a comparable Pure One Filter for Hayabusa and if yes, does anyone have the part #/model # for it ?

What are you using the bike for (what type of riding do you do most of) ???

I you are all out with it...racing of some sort... drag, track days, or LSR...then maybe you should upgrade.

I have used the OEM filter, HiFlo, and Napa (Wix)...I have done all sorts of riding with those brands, and I have been known to run my bikes to the limits...NEVER had a problem with any of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

I use a STAINLESS STEAL filter, I use one on all my bikes..
I have pulled to many oil screens and found paper pulp in them...
Mike

What's your aversion to pulling off the pipes? If you are convinced that the available filters are not what you want, isn't your opinion worth 30 minutes of your time? Pulling pipes is really simple...

I'm mostly sport touring with my 'busa. I'm known to string several 500 mile days together to get to my destination but most of that riding is 90 mph or less and the bike is hardly working. Spent a week in the Rockies outside Denver two years ago, having ridden from Charleston, SC and then went up to South Dakota to see Rushmore and Sturgis before starting back. so aside from a commute to work, I'm doing multi state runs over a week or more, but no racing or high rpm runs.

What are you using the bike for (what type of riding do you do most of) ???

I you are all out with it...racing of some sort... drag, track days, or LSR...then maybe you should upgrade.

I have used the OEM filter, HiFlo, and Napa (Wix)...I have done all sorts of riding with those brands, and I have been known to run my bikes to the limits...NEVER had a problem with any of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would just use the available filters...when I bought my '08, I flew to NC, attended the Spring Bash and then rode it home to CA....did 5,130 miles in 15 days.

I dumped the oil @75 miles, then did the 600 mile service while at the bash...oil and filter plus checking everything...chain adjustment etc etc...stopped in New Mexico on the way home at a friends house...new rear tire and ANOTHER oil and filter change, plus a detail and a quick once over since I was still gonna be on the road for another 2k miles.

Follow the service schedule and use any name brand oil and filter...your Busa will give you many many trouble free miles...atleast a 100k :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back