Anyone Used Pilot Power 2ct?????

JoshS

Registered
I bought some online and want to know how many miles I can expect out of them. I read online after ordering :banghead: that they are almost track tires. I was told I should get like 6000 out of them.:please: Any input would help.
Thanks.

Depends on your riding style...some people have gotten 6-7k out of them...some less than 3k
Posted via Mobile Device

i haven't used them myself, but a buddy swears by them. gonna try 'em next tire i buy...

Actually, as far as Michelin's tire line up.... the Pilot Power is almost a strictly street tire...

They describe it as a 95% street 5% track tire...

Even the pilot power 2 CT is considered a 10% track tire...

You should end up with a reasonably good tire life actually as your riding will be almost entirely in the medium hardness tread all the time...

There are 3 tires above it going progressively towards more track worthy...

michelin_comparision.jpg

I just put the 1st set on my bike, so far I love them. I hope to get about 5k. A buddy had them his bike and he wore them out in 3k. But I dont ride as hard as him.

:cheerleader:IMO they are the finest tires I have ever had....gone through 3 sets so far and average 4-5 k and that including some track days.....LOVE THEM!

I have had 2CT's on both my bikes. Previous owner installed them.

I personally would opt for the regular Pilot Power tires. The side edge of the 2CT is the only difference, and I almost never venture there on the streets. So for normal commuting and weekend rides, the PP and the PP2CT will have the same exact tire wear but one costs less than the other.

I think a lot of people have the misunderstanding that the 2CT is softer in the center, so they think it wears faster because of it, or that the 2CT has more grip for normal riding, not just in the turns.

Depends on your riding style...some people have gotten 6-7k out of them...some less than 3k
Posted via Mobile Device

+1, I've had a couple sets and I get around 2k from the rear and maybe 3k from the fronts. I got the same mileage from the power as the 2ct as well. I usually run 36 to 38 psi front/rear depending on temperature/conditions.
They're a decent tire and I think they stick pretty well for a knee down when they're new. Even if I road slow and conservative I wouldn't see how some folks are getting 6k to 7k out of them though.
Seems to becoming more common to run a sport touring rear to get some mileage, with a stickier tire up front to keep the front planted.

BTW, I had about 8k on my 2CT (front and rear) on my SV650, and there was still half the tread left.

BTW, I had about 8k on my 2CT (front and rear) on my SV650, and there was still half the tread left.

SV650 is a MUCH lighter bike with about half the torque of a Busa...it should last a lot longer on a smaller bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

SV650 is a MUCH lighter bike with about half the torque of a Busa...it should last a lot longer on a smaller bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, the Busa eats tires, no way around it. Assuming you ride it right:laugh:

I only have 1700 miles on the busa with the 2CT, so I can't say how long it lasts with that yet :)

Well sir that's gonna depend on your riding. I'm fairly aggressive and could get 5-6K on a set.

Back